Why are there so many programs to block calls, but not sms? And why not allow deleting from the call logs at the same times?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-09 07:11 PM
    Firewall > Enable > SMS
    12-28-09 11:35 PM
    Hmmm, you can block all SMS except either what's in the address book or else specific addresses, but that leaves 2 problems -- (1) you have to disable address book content protection, (2) SMS are blocked by default except what's explicitly allowed or added to the address book.

Does anyone know of a way to have it allow by default while excluding a blacklist, instead of blocking by default while allowing a whitelist?

If not, I suppose this is something that one of us should make an app for. I don't like that you have to unprotect your entire address book just to be able to protect yourself from unwanted text messages.
    12-29-09 01:53 AM
    i agree. would love to have an app that blocks messages like you stated.
    02-09-10 04:04 PM
    I am on sprint, and on their website, I can go in and block sms from specific numbers or only allow people in my address book....dont know what the other carriers have though, just a thought that people with other carriers could look into.
    02-09-10 06:54 PM
    While writing a remote Media Card Eraser that was going to be activated by SMS message among other methods, I found that it seems impossible to scan incoming SMS messages except when they're directed to the app's specific port. It can't intercept the generic SMS messages going to the message app. And if anyone finds out that this is not the case, I'd certainly like to know. Read up on this in dev forums and it seems impossible using J2ME, and there's a listener in the BB API for sent SMS, but not for received.
    02-09-10 08:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD