So I was reading up on yatca(new twitter app) and found out that blackberries with OS4.6 and above allows apps integrating themselves into our inbox. well, if thats the case, and facebook has an open api, why hasn't anyone come out with a facebook app to cream rim's? I mean the app we all have now is so simplistic and makes use of such little features, wouldn't it be easy to recreate and improve upon faster than it would take them to do it?

just wondering.
    03-17-09 12:30 AM
    So I was reading up on yatca(new twitter app) and found out that blackberries with OS4.6 and above allows apps integrating themselves into our inbox. well, if thats the case, and facebook has an open api, why hasn't anyone come out with a facebook app to cream rim's? I mean the app we all have now is so simplistic and makes use of such little features, wouldn't it be easy to recreate and improve upon faster than it would take them to do it?

just wondering.
    Your first look at Facebook 1.5 for BlackBerry : Boy Genius Report
    03-17-09 12:39 AM
    yeah, I mean more advanced than the same facebook we have now with syncing features.

possibly inbox messages showing up or a facebook chat client. its all possible, just not being implemented
    03-17-09 12:43 AM
    hopefully 2.0...whenever it comes out cause if 1.5 was delayed this long who know...will take care of most of that
    03-17-09 05:09 AM
    man, 2.0 will be out probably next year. Look how long we had to wait for 1.5 and there is no new improvements. honestly, if you have gcalsync, this upgrade is nothing new to you. I want something that is more functional than reading status updates and posting on walls.

and when is someone gonna incorporate facebook chat into an im client? isn't it jabber?
    03-17-09 01:01 PM
    I have already given up on the FaceBook app because of the poor inteface. Instead, I just access the FaceBook mobile site through my phone's web browser.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-09 01:06 PM
    I just wish the facebook app worked as good as myspaces.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-09 03:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD