Hello all,

I have come across a wonderful application for anyone who enjoys hiking. This is from a site called trail guru which allows you to upload all of your trails, log them, and geotag them. They have created a program for the iphone which uses your phone to log in data about your hike. Look at the following picture to get a better idea of what information it can run.

The problem with this is a) its not for the best phone... i.e. blackberries
    b) iphone apps can't run in the background which doesn't allow you to use other features while running the program, and c) the current developer doesn't have the time nor resources to adapt it to a blackberry.

However, I have been in contact with the developer and he said that he would be more than happy to give the code to any one interested in converting it. if anyone is interested let me know so we can get a better version of this going!

Thanks,

Ian

p.s. he is currently updating the software so there will be a newer version (only for iphones though, but the code will be updated) that will have a pause button as well as some other features.
    11-03-08 10:19 AM
    This would be awesome. I would love to hear if there are other apps like this one. Just in case some awesome developer doesn't stop by...
    01-14-09 10:21 AM
    Hello all,

I have come across a wonderful application for anyone who enjoys hiking. This is from a site called trail guru which allows you to upload all of your trails, log them, and geotag them. They have created a program for the iphone which uses your phone to log in data about your hike. Look at the following picture to get a better idea of what information it can run.

The problem with this is a) its not for the best phone... i.e. blackberries
    b) iphone apps can't run in the background which doesn't allow you to use other features while running the program, and c) the current developer doesn't have the time nor resources to adapt it to a blackberry.

However, I have been in contact with the developer and he said that he would be more than happy to give the code to any one interested in converting it. if anyone is interested let me know so we can get a better version of this going!

Thanks,

Ian

p.s. he is currently updating the software so there will be a newer version (only for iphones though, but the code will be updated) that will have a pause button as well as some other features.
    That does look neat. Wishing I was a developer right now.
    01-14-09 11:05 AM
    01-14-09 11:21 AM
    This is a great app!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-09 11:23 AM
    man, i would LOVE a hiking app. too bad i'm locked down on 3rd party GPS
    01-14-09 11:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD