2010.10.27 - update - beta test is over.

hi all,

We are almost ready with the next version of deToday - which is focused on improved performance and lower CPU footprint.
    We are looking (again) for some smart people to help us with final tests.

Since changes in this version are mostly internal (there is no new functionality), we prefer to work with existing deToday users/beta testers.
    In short - we'd like you to install the latest build and use it normally. It should work the same way (actually better) then the previous version and if there are problems, we'd like you to let us know.

We are also looking of users with Torch devices - tilting and cooperation with camera may have some unexpected side effects ...

If you are interested - please send an e-mail to support[at]odeve.com and we will contact you with additional instructions.

Thanks in advance !
    Last edited by thom.sten; 10-27-10 at 02:58 AM.
    10-20-10 04:06 PM
    Beta has been published, we still have open positions for a couple of beta testers
    10-21-10 04:57 AM
    Email sent.
    10-21-10 12:53 PM
    This has always been one of the best calendar applications. You can integrate events from several different calendars. It works with berryweather. Lots of setup choices.

I've not seen any problems on my S2 with this app. Will continue to monitor it.
    10-21-10 10:00 PM
    Sent an email with review.
    10-21-10 11:02 PM
    Email sent!
    10-22-10 12:39 AM
    Email sent!
    10-22-10 04:08 AM
    The app is pulling events that I already deleted. A batt pull doesn't solve it. Also on the torch when I flip phone horizontal the font gets large and all outta place and resets itself after a few seconds. I currently have 10 events listed and it is cut off.

You should have the app give end users to display a different amount when screen tilted.

Also noticing slight lag on my phone with app in use. Even as of right now as I type this post in my BlackBerry. I can see a slight lag in my typing and response of the keys

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-10 04:17 AM
    Thanks for the feedback ! See my comments below:

The app is pulling events that I already deleted. A batt pull doesn't solve it.
    This does not sound normal (especially the fact that un-exisitng data is displayed after device restart). Please send the log file /home/user/deToday.txt to support [at] odeve.com

Also on the torch when I flip phone horizontal the font gets large and all outta place and resets itself after a few seconds.
    This is normal behavior - when you flip the phone, the device itself tries to resize automatically the old background (360 x 480) to the new size (480 x 360) - and does not do a good job. A second later deToday generates new home scree with correct size (480 x 360) and everything looks good again.

You should have the app give end users to display a different amount when screen tilted.
    Thanks for the suggestion, that makes sense.

Also noticing slight lag on my phone with app in use. Even as of right now as I type this post in my BlackBerry. I can see a slight lag in my typing and response of the keys
    This beta version contains a lot of debug logging which may slow down slightly your device. Debug logging will be removed from the final version.
    10-22-10 04:26 AM
    Tour User Feedback for you . . .

I have only noticed one change in performance, and it is for the better. The last official version would sometimes not refresh the home screen whenever an event was added or deleted that was displayed. With the beta, whenever I add or delete an event (done on purpose to test this) the refresh is just about simultaneous and accurate. Issue fixed, from my point of view.

Nothing else for me to report - love this app.
    10-22-10 12:58 PM

The last official version would sometimes not refresh the home screen whenever an event was added or deleted that was displayed.
    That's strange ... can you tell us which version of the app you were using when you observed this problem ?
    All versions after 2.00 should have processed appointment changes in real time.
    10-22-10 01:19 PM
    That's strange ... can you tell us which version of the app you were using when you observed this problem ?
    All versions after 2.00 should have processed appointment changes in real time.
    It was the latest "official", 2.11.45, released just a few days prior to the beta. Although, in thinking about it, I might not have had that version installed long enough to see if this was still a problem with it. I never tested this on the upgrade. I know for sure it occurred on the previous version to that. I can not tell you the version number, I don't remember.

Just for further clarification, if I did not get a "refresh" that showed the updated appointment information, then all I had to do is turn off deToday, and intermediately turn it back on, and the new/updated info would be on the home screen. It was never a big issue (for me) which is why I never sought support.

Seems to working just fine now, however.
    10-22-10 01:36 PM
    ok, if you observe this problem again in future, please let us know immediatelly !

deToday should update home screen in real time - if this does not happen - we consider this a malfunction that we'd like to investigate and fix asap.
    10-22-10 02:07 PM
    Lol, and when they say contact them immediately, expect to get an email back and a download link for a test version within an hour.

10-22-10 02:17 PM
    Unfortunately we are a small company and cannot offer 7 x 24 support, but we are near that goal (maybe 7 x 18)

Support is the easy part, but to get a test version wihin a hour, you need to be pretty lucky - to reach us at a moment when there is a free developer without a hang-over
    10-22-10 02:23 PM
    I was speaking on my experience with deReset on OS6 - not trying to force you into a guarantee
    7/18 support? You guys need a vacation.

10-22-10 02:27 PM
    New suggestion... That detoday be disabled when the device is timed out and locked with password. I have owner info up and with detoday it cannot be read. Plus if the device is locked your calendar events should be hidden to begin with.

Some users might find it a good thing. To be able to look at the calendar without having to unlock so this sugggestion should be user defined.

10-23-10 07:05 PM
    New suggestion... That detoday be disabled when the device is timed out and locked with password. I have owner info up and with detoday it cannot be read. Plus if the device is locked your calendar events should be hidden to begin with.

Some users might find it a good thing. To be able to look at the calendar without having to unlock so this sugggestion should be user defined.
    Absolutelly agree !

This feature is in our to do list, thought I am not sure if we will manage to inculde it in this release ...
    10-24-10 01:35 AM
    Emailed feedback on the new beta version. There seems to be a bug, or two.
    10-25-10 02:44 AM
    Latest release candidate has been published on the standard URL. If no problems are reported against it, we plan to launch it in a couple of days.
    10-26-10 02:19 AM
    Good news - we have added this feature in version 2.20.

Look for the new option "Turn Off When Device is Locked" !
    10-26-10 02:21 AM
    Emailed feedback on this latest version!

Keep up the good work!

Mav.
    10-26-10 05:15 AM
    Update - deToday 2.20 has been published. Please install the latest version of the app from our mobile site:

http://m.odeve.com

Everybody that has provided feedback during the beta process will receive free license - please contact support [at] odeve.com with your PIN number.

BIG THANK YOU to everybody that helped us !
    10-27-10 02:55 AM
    Something to add to the wish list:
    On the Berryweather integration options could you add an option to show location on the home screen?
    Thanks
    10-27-10 07:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD