I don't use app world. How can I determine if an app has an update? Until the download starts in the browser, I can't tell if the version on the 'net is newer than what's on my device. For example, i just went to Slacker.com to reinstall slacker due to issues with 2.x and 607. Luckily, the download is 3.x and works fine, but when I have apps that are installed and are running fine, I'd like to get newer versions that have new features/bug fixes in a reasonable time frame. I can't for the life of me figure out a method for quickly determining versions before downloading. they tend to only show the major number of the app, or not even that, sometimes.
    04-06-10 09:23 PM
    If you purchased the app through Crackberry app store or Mobihand they send emails to let you know. For free apps I usually just see a blog or something that they updated
    04-06-10 10:44 PM
    Yeah and Slacker's not good with notification either, the last two updates from them I found only by going to their site to redownload and noticed it was a newer version.

Appworld is setup to notify with a little icon on the screen when updates to installed software is available, however they are a little slow in updating Appworld itself with the newer versions.

Lastly, as mentioned above, anything purchased thru Mobihand/CB Store will get a notification in your email that an update is available, but only for items you've purchased.

Basically, I just go thru my apps from time to time and visit their sites and try the download to see if the version has changed.
    04-07-10 06:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD