I have a Security Cam System (Addonics) and had the BB remote viewing app working on my OS6 Torch both 3g and WiFi just fine. When I changed to my OS7 BB9900 the software failed to function despite various patches sent from the Maplin (supplier) helpdesk. The ball's in their court atm and they're waiting for the possible upgrades being written 'soon' but this is about 4 months on now*?!*?! Has anybody out there managed to get ANY security cam remote viewing app working with a BB9900 OS7 yet? I thought I was getting close the other day with VMeye (appworld) but despite entering all the correct setup info, it failed to connect! My security cams can be accessed on my variou PCs using the IP address and ActiveX DVR Client software. Any hints or clues very welcome
    02-06-12 08:16 AM
    Hey,

i am using SuperCam with my sony DVR system and it works great, it doesnt let you recored on your handset but does let you take still images.

Live view is perfect....

only thing is i dont know where you could get it from as it is not avaliable on AppWorld, i just type in my ip address into the brower and it directs me to the download page....

if i do find it i will post a link
    02-06-12 08:30 AM
    I had the same problem with my security cameras from Sharx when I switched from a 9800 to the 9810. I solved my problem by downloading the update 7.0.0.205 (even though it wasn't officially approved by AT&T) and everything works great now. I don't know if this will help you but the upgrade when well and I don't experience any other problems with the changes.
    02-06-12 09:32 AM
    Thanks NitinP
    Are you running SuperCam on OS7? And if yes - a link for download would be great. I've had a brief lok but can only find it for Apple or Anderoid so far. Cheers
    02-06-12 06:15 PM
    Hi GVGW What is your viewing software for Sharx - I'm fully up to date with my OS7
    Cheers Woodie
    02-06-12 06:17 PM
    Hi,
    Here is my current info:
    Model: SCN3605N
    Bios/Loader version: 2.1(build 0001)
    Firmware version: 4.30 (build 20111230)
    02-06-12 07:16 PM
    Lost me there - Do you have any dedicated app on your phone to access your cameras?
    02-07-12 06:14 AM
    No special app, each camera has it's own IP address which I put in my phone. When I click on that address of the camera I want it comes up with a choice of a current snapshot or a live video of where it is pointed. I have several cameras so I can pick what I want to see.
    02-07-12 08:53 AM
    Like I said in my first post - I use the same (IP address) method to access my camers on my PCs. Just haven't been able to crack it on my 9900 yet. Do you use a 9900 and did you change any of the config on it to get this working? Cheers for your help so far
    02-07-12 05:47 PM
    Hi,
    I had to deal with a couple things when I first set it up. I belong to a rural telco and found that their modem interfered with a remote device accessing my pc IP address. Their tech support had to change some settings (they did it remotely) so that their modem did not block my phone. I found this out by contacting support from Sharx security (they have been friendly and helpful), which told me about the problem especially with small telcos.
    The other thing is whenever I reset my router my IP address would change and I had to change the address in my phone to the new address. This was fixed by going to a site recommended by Sharx security in the set-up manual that would automatically take care of that problem.
    If you have some tech support from your camera source they may know about these things. None of it was complicated to get working, I just didn't know those problems were out there. I'm not that techy!
    02-07-12 08:51 PM
    Go to this website from your computer. whatismyipaddress.com/ it will show your public ip address. Then go to your BB native browser and type in the public IP address. Click enter. Clicking enter key should prompt you to download SUPERCAM app. Once you download it. Start SUPERCAM app and enter your public IP Address, your DVR USER NAME and PASSWORD. Check on REMEMBER SERVER and click log in. Hope that works.
    Last edited by Aguilucho; 02-08-12 at 01:19 AM.
    02-08-12 01:15 AM
    More 'Techy' than me. Anyhow - I'll keep hassling 'Maplin Electronics' who sold me the Addonics system. It's frustrating though as everything was working fine on my Torch OS6. It was just the upgrade to Bold 9900 OS7 that screwed it up. Thanks for your suggestions though.
    02-10-12 05:01 AM
    Hi Aguilucho, Yep, I tried that but I think Supercam must only show up if your Security system has some sort of codec thingie pre built in for it. When I typed in my router address on my PC, it asks me to load in ActiveX and then lets me log in to view the cams. But on my Bold, just typing in the router IP into my browser brings up ZILCH - ZERO - *"!? ALL. If I ever log back on via my 9900 it'll make National News. Thanks for your suggestion. I'll try anything
    02-10-12 05:07 AM
    I have managed to connect to my DVR via vmEYE, using BB OS7

You just need to add in you APN.

For APN names pls check with your service provide
    03-31-12 10:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD