I am mainly referring to things like BBmaps and stuff like that. Are there certain things that absolutly can not be deleted from the Tour? I want to clean it up as much as I can. Thanks!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 10:23 AM
    There's certain things that shouldn't be deleted. I was deleting things from the os on my computer and ended up blocking access to options on my phone, but you can just go back and add anything you remove back on so if you do get rid of something and it screws up your phone just readd it. As far as bbmaps that's safe to remove, by stuff like that do you mean games, docstogo, memopad, etc? All those would be safe to remove.
    10-26-09 11:02 AM
    BB maps can be deleted, if you have something else you prefer to use. You can delete languages, and a number of other items.

However, there is a series of icons that will only return if you try to delete them, like Facebook, AIM, Google Talk, etc. These are pushed with your service books by the carrier.

They are launchers to the downloads, take minimal space, and you can add a folder to your desktop, drag and drop these into the folder, and then Hide the folder. Save a lot of clutter. And the headaches associated as they return after deletion.

One more thing, when you change themes, you'll have to add the folder again, and hide the icons, so get ready for that fun.

10-26-09 11:07 AM
    BB maps can be deleted, if you have something else you prefer to use. You can delete languages, and a number of other items.

However, there is a series of icons that will only return if you try to delete them, like Facebook, AIM, Google Talk, etc. These are pushed with your service books by the carrier.

They are launchers to the downloads, take minimal space, and you can add a folder to your desktop, drag and drop these into the folder, and then Hide the folder. Save a lot of clutter. And the headaches associated as they return after deletion.

One more thing, when you change themes, you'll have to add the folder again, and hide the icons, so get ready for that fun.

can't remember when to delete unused languages from the phone....can u help me?
    10-26-09 11:12 AM
    How much memory can be gained from wiping out other languages?

And +1 on how to do it.
    10-26-09 11:16 AM
    good lookin for the info crackberry family....that explains why when i deleted some games n also MLB mobile premium using the DM(desk manager)....it worked however MLB icon came back...know i understand..cause it came preloaded with da Sprint Tour
    10-26-09 11:32 AM
    open up desktop manager, under add/ remove applications.
    uncheck the programs you don't want.
    10-26-09 11:35 AM
    10-26-09 11:40 AM
    Ill look into it

10-26-09 11:56 AM
    Also, where on teh phone can you see the memory usage?

I know you can go to Options > Memory and scroll down and it gives:
    Application Memory
    ..Free Space........89.8 MB
    ----------------
    Media Card
    ..Total space.......1.8 GB
    ..Free space........1.6 GB

By deleting old txts, languages and stuff like that, are you clearing out application memory? Because last night I deleted over 2200 txts and I didnt see any change in memory.
    10-26-09 01:26 PM
    Clear out your log file by hitting alt LGLG.....
    10-26-09 01:29 PM
    Clear out your log file by hitting alt LGLG.....
    what is the log file?
    10-26-09 02:07 PM
    what is the log file?
    lists all the of the functions your device has done I believe....
    It will say event log (warning)

I just clear it out from time to time...
    10-26-09 02:30 PM
    lists all the of the functions your device has done I believe....
    It will say event log (warning)

I just clear it out from time to time...
    How would you do that/where is it?

I looked in options and advanced options and didnt see anything for log.
    10-26-09 02:41 PM
    Hold down the alt key then hit L-G, L-G and it will pull up the file.
    10-26-09 02:46 PM
    Go to home screen -- press and hold alt and press lglg. The log will appear. Press the menu button and select clear log. Done!
    10-26-09 02:47 PM
    Ok thanks

So its basically like cookies on a computer... delete them every so often to clear memory and speed the device up? no harm done

EDIT: and how often is every so often that should you clear it?
    Last edited by stupidchicken03; 10-26-09 at 02:55 PM.
    10-26-09 02:49 PM
    I never clear mine. The Tour constantly has over 80MB of free memory! It is fast as lightning, and I'm not crazy paranoid about it like my Curve where I had to reset it twice a day because I would boot with 18MB and slowly drop to 10MB.
    10-26-09 03:04 PM
    I just scrolled to the end of my log file and the last was this morning around 942am. I started using my phone around 730am. So does the phone automatically start to clear log files?

10-26-09 03:18 PM
    I just scrolled to the end of my log file and the last was this morning around 942am. I started using my phone around 730am. So does the phone automatically start to clear log files?

just depends on the options...mine is set to warnings only so it doesn't log everything I do.....
    10-26-09 03:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD