Hi,

How do I delete Apps from the device? I want to get rid of the superfluous fluff that populates my applications folder... maybe this will keep the keyboard from lagging, and the phone from not working, etc.

So... I use the BB button when I highlight the app and it only gives me the option to move it or hide it, but nothing else.

I tried Options -> Applications, and switched between 3rd party, Core and Add-On, but... no luck.

Stuff I want gone = Flickr, Facebook, myspace, social beat, Voice Dialing, Visual Voicemail, My Verizon, VCast Song, Maps, VCast Videos, Slacker, Skype

Stuff I actually want = Youtube (gone somehow)

Tried finding the garbage apps in the Desktop Manager on both my Mac and PC and for whatever reason I can't delete the stuff.

Any ideas? I just need the phone to last me for another few months without any additional trouble.

Thanks for the help
    Last edited by the1sen; 04-03-10 at 10:00 PM.
    04-03-10 09:53 PM
    try plugging into your computer using the usb and then using the downloader manager option called add/remove applications. It always works for me
    04-03-10 09:56 PM
    Thanks Seymour, I tried finding the garbage apps in the Desktop Manager on both my Mac and PC and for whatever reason I can't delete the stuff.
    04-03-10 09:57 PM
    sorry i read that wrong are the apps already deleted? because the icons for facebook socialbeat etc. will stay on your phone even when deleted the only option is to hide them
    04-03-10 10:01 PM
    Hi,

How do I delete Apps from the device? I want to get rid of the superfluous fluff that populates my applications folder... maybe this will keep the keyboard from lagging, and the phone from not working, etc.

So... I use the BB button when I highlight the app and it only gives me the option to move it or hide it, but nothing else.

I tried Options -> Applications, and switched between 3rd party, Core and Add-On, but... no luck.

Stuff I want gone = Flickr, Facebook, myspace, social beat, Voice Dialing, Visual Voicemail, My Verizon, VCast Song, Maps, VCast Videos, Slacker, Skype

Stuff I actually want = Youtube (gone somehow)

Tried finding the garbage apps in the computer software on both my Mac and PC and for whatever reason I can't delete the stuff.

Any ideas? I just need the phone to last me for another few months without any additional trouble.

Thanks for the help
    to delete some app: plug your phone in the pc, and run Desktop manager. In DM run the app loader and delete everything you dont want. Facebook and social app are pushed by the carrier. The app can be uninstalled but it still remain a icon to link to a download page to redownload the app. Note pad and task app(some others too) can be totally deleted.

For youtube visite m.youtube.com from your native browser or download Xenozu app from AppWorld.
    04-03-10 10:01 PM
    hey the1sen,
    download and install your favorite OS on your PC then download Shrink-A-OS and run it, let it clean up the crap of the OS, run the loader, it will automatically backup your setting.
    04-03-10 10:47 PM
    Thanks jgodin03, I tried finding the garbage apps in the Desktop Manager on both my Mac and PC and for whatever reason I can't delete the stuff.

I don't know if they are deleted...

The thing is, my phone runs like crap... the keyboard lags, the touch screen is laggy, the whole phone is worse overall than the original storm 1 it replaced (under warranty).

Hey Romman, so, since I can not delete the stuff on there, I can wipe the phone somehow and add/omit apps like I can when I reinitialize the drive on my computers? Can you be a bit more specific sir? Also, is there a way to just get the OS that it is supposed to have instead of downloading an "illegitimate" OS?
    Last edited by the1sen; 04-03-10 at 11:04 PM.
    04-03-10 10:58 PM
    They aren't on you phone. Those icons are just links to the download site

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-10 11:08 PM
    So, I read thru all the comments on removing apps and how the icons stay behind. There has to be a way to get rid of them...

Never mind... I searched for "remove icons" and found all the other threads... guess the purist in me will just have to be content with hiding them.
    Last edited by Rick677; 04-12-10 at 11:45 AM.
    04-12-10 11:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD