I have two apps that I am trying to delete. I just upgraded to .526 from .246 and these two apps are on both versions. One app is called Snap and the other is Where. They are not in application mgmt, and there is no option to delete them. I was just reading an article about BSAK, and I wanted to know how to find the .cod files for these two apps so that I could use BSAK to delete them. There is more stuff that I want to delete from my phone but these two are top priority.
    04-09-11 11:12 AM
    From the home screen if you press and hold them with with the touchscreen, the option to delete doesn't come up? Hmmmm. Try deleting them from your list of apps in bbappworld. Failing that, you couuld just hide them...?

If they are your carrier's apps, you might never get rid of them, as some carrier will just push them to your device again... Hiding might be the best solution...
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-11 11:17 AM
    They are not in app world. Both of them are paid subscriptions that is why I amtrying to delete them.

04-09-11 11:30 AM
    Have you tried contacting support for the subscriptions? Even if you delete them, they might continue to bill you...

04-09-11 11:49 AM
    The subscriptions are cancelled... I'm just **** bent on deleting them. I think bsak will do the trick. Its all a scam that they put subscription apps on the device that you can not delete.

04-09-11 11:56 AM
    Where is a launcher that is pushed by AT&T, so it cannot be deleted, just hidden, since it is in the service books. It will not do anything unless one clicks on it, agrees to terms, installs the app, and subscribes.

If you actually subscribed to it and do not want it any more, you will need to contact AT&T to stop the subscription.
    Sainthak likes this.
    04-09-11 11:56 AM
    The subscriptions are cancelled... I'm just **** bent on deleting them. I think bsak will do the trick. Its all a scam that they put subscription apps on the device that you can not delete.

Make a folder called "junk" or "trash", put all those launchers in that folder, and then hide the folder. Out of sight, out of mind.

Those launchers cannot be deleted. They are carrier-pushed via service books. So even if you delete the service books, they will be pushed again the next time you reboot your device. Hiding them is the only option.
    04-09-11 11:59 AM
    What LAK661 said. Mine is called Hide Me. Putting them in a folder would make it easier to find them again if I ever change my mind.
    04-09-11 12:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD