i need to free up some space on my 8320 but the things i want to delete i cant. they arent even listed in the applications list. how do i get rid of these? i really want to dump Inhand.

thanks
    08-04-09 02:26 PM
    If they aren't listed in the applications list but appear on your home screen, they're part of the service books. You could delete them, but whenever service books are resent or you do a battery pull, they'll pop up again. They aren't the actual apps themselves though. They're links that take you to wherever you need to go to download the app and they take up almost no space at all. Not much purpose to delete these for space. If you want you can still hide them.
    08-04-09 02:28 PM
    are you sure you want to do that?
    08-04-09 02:29 PM
    well it seemed like a good idea. i was just thinking about it last night so i thought i would ask. i havent used Inhand in almost a year.
    08-04-09 02:33 PM
    Just hide the icons and forget about them.
    08-04-09 05:39 PM
    I'm wanting to deleate my accuweather icon and foxnews alert. I believe they are webchannels. How do I delete/unsibscribe from them?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 12:52 AM
    If the program is in your applications list then they can be deleted. If not, then they are just launchers to the download site which are pushed in service books and CANNOT be deleted, just hidden.

You can use CrackMem and/or Shrink-A-OS to get rid of preloaded apps as well as languages, games, default backgrounds, etc. You can also use BBFileScout to remove all sample media and unused ringtones.

Check out the links in my sig for these apps ads well as the "How to Increase File Free" thread in my sig.
    Good Luck!
    08-05-09 01:07 AM
    yeah i get that too..i wanted to delete the facebook app because i dont use facebook and i deleted it but the icon still shows up. kinda annoying
    08-05-09 01:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD