I don't think these apps are actually downloaded to the phone but they show up under applications and instant messaging.

Applications:
    Flickr
    MySpace

The rest are: Memo Pad, Tasks, Calculator, Voice Notes Recorder, Voice Dialing, Password Keeper, Saved Messages and compose.

I know memo pad, tasks and password keeper can be deleted via BB Desktop Manager.

Instant Messaging:
    Windows Live Messenger
    Yahoo Messenger
    Google Talk
    AOL Instant Messenger

Anyway, I know these apps aren't downloaded to my phone b/c if I go to Application Center, it says "not installed."

Do you guys leave Flick, MySpace and the 4 Instant Messaging icons on your phone even if you don't want to download them? If you don't, how do you get rid of them?
    08-26-09 12:17 AM
    I just hid them.
    08-26-09 12:18 AM
    I don't think these apps are actually downloaded to the phone but they show up under applications and instant messaging.

Applications:
    Flickr
    MySpace

The rest are: Memo Pad, Tasks, Calculator, Voice Notes Recorder, Voice Dialing, Password Keeper, Saved Messages and compose.

I know memo pad, tasks and password keeper can be deleted via BB Desktop Manager.

Instant Messaging:
    Windows Live Messenger
    Yahoo Messenger
    Google Talk
    AOL Instant Messenger

Anyway, I know these apps aren't downloaded to my phone b/c if I go to Application Center, it says "not installed."

Do you guys leave Flick, MySpace and the 4 Instant Messaging icons on your phone even if you don't want to download them? If you don't, how do you get rid of them?
    You can hide them or delete the service books that pertain to them. If you delete the service books though they'll just come back next time you reboot your device. Best option is to just hide them.
    08-26-09 12:25 AM
    Ok, thanks guys for the advice.
    08-26-09 12:39 AM
    When I got my BlackBerry Curve it had BlackBerry Messenger on it. I didn't think I would use it so I deleted it. Now I can't figure out how to get it back on my phone. I guess it was a factory setting. Any Ideas???
    08-26-09 01:00 AM
    The bloatware is part of the o.s.Hopefully some people will start developing bb os's like the htc forums.
    08-26-09 03:40 AM
    When I got my BlackBerry Curve it had BlackBerry Messenger on it. I didn't think I would use it so I deleted it. Now I can't figure out how to get it back on my phone. I guess it was a factory setting. Any Ideas???
    If you deleted BlackBerry Messenger, the only way to get back the stock version is to reload it using the OS loader.
    08-26-09 03:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD