I upgraded to the latest version of Facebook 1.9 on my BB9700. It then placed all of my old facebook messages into my mail folder etc.

I assumed these were duplicates etc so deleted them.

I received a new FB messaged today on my BB, read it and deleted it.

Decided to reply by logging on to my PC when I got home only to find out that ALL of my FB messages have been deleted from the main site!

Have I got something set up wrong on the phone or site? I the older version 1.8 if I deleted the message on my BB it stayed on the FB site until I deleted it there.

Anyone else having this problem?

Regards

Trevor
    11-11-10 03:03 PM
    Its not a problem its the way the app was coded. That's normal for 1.9

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-10 03:35 PM
    Seems a very strange way to do it then. So I have to have my BB cluttered will all of my old messages if I want to keep them.

I know there was a section in the FB options on the BB called Blackberry Message Applications, which mentions deleting messages on the BB will delete them on the facebook account, but as I had this unchecked I though it would work the same way as in the version 1.8

Not very impressed as I have lost ALL my messages on my FB account.

Regards

Trevor
    11-11-10 03:51 PM
    I feel your pain. I did exactly the same thing. I am NOT impressed.
    11-12-10 10:33 AM
    Just go to the facebook app options and turn off the option that sends them to your messages. You should still get a notification that you received a message, and when you delete it from sms it won't delete from facebook.

11-12-10 11:18 AM
    Just seems like it's a bad design. Why have it in version 1.8 and then change the way it works in 1.9. I can't imagine anyone who wants all of their previous messages left on their BB.

Trevor
    11-12-10 01:30 PM
    I don't delete anything off my BB. I want to be able to access any message I get from any source right on my BB. If I can avoid using my PC for anything, I will.

11-12-10 08:35 PM
    This is INSANE!
    I've just deleted a load of "important" messages!!! (I say important, I do tell people not to contact me on Facebook regarding work and such, but they still do!). I was so used to deleting them to clear up my inbox on my phone, that it was too late when I got back to FB!

So the options are:

Delete the message on the BB AND FB
    Keep ALL the messages that you want to keep IN your BB inbox

NOT receive the messages on your BB
    (go back to just receiving an SMS notification like when I didn't have a smart phone!?)

When I receive my email, I get the option to delete on my BB or delete from BB AND server. Why can't it be the same as this?
    Or in fact, the same as it was before?!

GRRR!
    Last edited by bubble_2020; 11-18-10 at 05:47 AM.
    11-18-10 04:12 AM
    I'm having the same problem... every time I do a battery pull, I get a random number of old FB messages in my BB inbox (usually 10-20 of them), and deleting them from my BB also deleted them from my actual FB inbox.

I'm the type of BB user who HATES having my inbox cluttered with stuff like FB notifications. This is really driving me nuts...

I wish they had the option of "Delete on handheld" or "Delete on handheld and server" for FB messages like they have for regular emails..................... very frustrated.
    11-18-10 08:35 AM
    I wish they had the option of "Delete on handheld" or "Delete on handheld and server" for FB messages like they have for regular emails..................... very frustrated.
    Yeah. once i've read something on my BB, i usually delete it, cos I know I can read it later on my PC. (or delete it from the server from my BB, cos I know it's spam!)

Also. Long FB messages automatically scroll to the bottom (to the reply box). I have to read them backwards from the bottom up, as soon as I reach the top, it flips right down to the bottom too.

Can I go back to the last version please????
    11-18-10 01:02 PM
    I agree! This is complete bollocks!
    I lost a **** tone of very important fb messages in one fell swoop.
    This is a VERY MAJOR design flaw. What the **** are they thinking!?
    Extremely unimpressed with Facebook, again, as per usual.
    IDIOTS!
    11-22-10 11:00 AM
    All you need to do is change the option in fb on your bb to not show messages in your messages folder. This way your messages folder on the bb is not cluttered and your important fb messages will always be accessed by actual using the bb fb app. Of course, if you delete them from the app then you delete them from your account.
    bubble_2020 likes this.
    11-23-10 04:24 PM
    @morrow95
    Do I still get notifications of the messages if I do it that way?
    11-26-10 07:17 PM
    YEssss!
    It works!

Thank you!
    11-27-10 11:31 AM
    All you need to do is change the option in fb on your bb to not show messages in your messages folder. This way your messages folder on the bb is not cluttered and your important fb messages will always be accessed by actual using the bb fb app. Of course, if you delete them from the app then you delete them from your account.
    Thanks for the info. I just wished that I was able to read it before I deleted all of my messages from facebook, thinking that was the solution.

12-04-10 12:40 PM
    Yep, got bitten on the *** by this too. Someone has dropped a colossal bollock on this one.

In the very least, it should have warned you when deleting the messages or not flooded the Blackberry with old messages.

Very very poor...
    01-16-11 04:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD