Why is it that some on my main screen give me the option to delete them and others don't? For example, I deleted City ID. But Slacker Radio, Skype, or NFL Mobile don't give me that option. Even if I looked at the App list under Options, they don't show up.

Just curious what the difference is. If I'm not going to use some of them or they just stink, I would like to get rid of them...

Are there any Apps you guys got rid of for the same reasons?

Thanks for your help.

Bryan
    04-29-10 09:08 AM
    The apps you mentioned (Slacker, Skype, NFL Mobile) are pushed to your phone by Verizon. You could delete the link by going through Desktop Manager BUT they will just get pushed back to your phone by the service books.

The only way to "delete" them is to just hide them since they are only links to downloads.
    04-29-10 09:15 AM
    Most of those apps are actually not installed on your device, rather, they are icons that have been placed there by the vendor. If you click on them, they take you to a website to download the program.

Just hit the blackberry key while on the icon, and then click "hide" to make them go away.
    04-29-10 09:17 AM
    Thanks for the help... I understand what's going on now... This is my first BB and so far I like it... I've had it about 2 or 3 wks... so far so good.

Thanks again.
    04-29-10 10:10 AM
    No problem man...welcome to the forum and the Crackberry nation
    04-29-10 10:17 AM
    I deleted City ID myself; it was only a 15 day trial, and I don't really need it anyways.

I do wish we could get rid of some of the "pushed" apps like NFL Mobile, but at least they aren't the actual app, just the icons. I moved a bunch of junk like that into a junk folder so that I don't see all the useless icon apps.
    04-29-10 11:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD