I just got my first blackberry a few days ago, so I'm still trying to figure things out so don't be too hard on me! I installed the "My Verizon" app a couple of days ago and decided I didn't really like it and deleted it from the options menu and restarted my phone but the icon still shows up in my downloads folder, how do I get rid of it?

My second question is whenever I get a text message when my phone is in my holster it never alerts me until i pull my phone out and then it automatically opens it, how do i stop this?

Thanks so much guys
    08-31-09 09:25 PM
    It may be just the icon to download my verizon again. If you click on it, does it open my verizon, or take you somewhere to install it? If the latter, just hide the icon by hitting the bb key while the icon is highlighted and select "hide".

Adjust your profile sounds for SMS messages to ring and/or vib while in holster.

To stop messages from auto opening when unholstered, open the messages app, hit your bb key, goto options, goto general options and look for "auto open newest message after removing device from holster" and set that to "never".

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-09 11:28 PM
    your going to hide the icon and or just delete it on desktop mangr .
    09-01-09 12:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD