How do I delete the following:

Sprint Music Store
    Sprint Software Store
    Yahoo Messenger
    MySpace

I don't see them in my applications list and I don't know where else to go to delete them. I don't have access to a BB friendly laptop because I'm a Linux user.

Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-09 08:05 PM
    Those icons are pushed with your service books, they are shortcuts to the downloads themselves.

Since you can't get rid of them permanently, and they take up miniscule space, create a folder on desktop, drag and drop the icons into it, hide the folder. Outa sight, outa mind.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-09 08:29 PM
    1) Make sure you have Desktop Manager v4.5 installed on your PC
    2) If you didn't install your OS firmware from your PC visit the blackberry site and download your version onto your computer. Make sure you download the exact version that is currently on your phone (e.g. 4.5.0.152)
    3) Once the firmware is installed make sure your phone isn't connected to the desktop manager.
    4) Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\(version)\Java
    5) Java is the folder that contains all the .cod files that run your blackberry core applications. So for instance if you want to delete Push to Talk(PTT) look for the file name "net_rim_bb_phone_ptt_app.cod" and remove the file from the Java folder.
    6) After you remove the desired file plug your blackberry into the computer, connect to desktop manager, click add programs, and desktop manager should recognize that there is a extra file located in your blackberry.
    7) Click next so that desktop manager can remove the app
    8) You're done! Warning: You are deleting these files at your own risk. Do not delete anything that you don't what it is. Anyone who is familiar with the system32 in a PC knows that if you delete the wrong file it can ruin your OS.
    05-06-09 08:37 PM
    sorry didn't see that you are a linux user.
    05-06-09 08:39 PM
    Since you can't get rid of them permanently, and they take up miniscule space, create a folder on desktop, drag and drop the icons into it, hide the folder. Outa sight, outa mind.
    Thats Allll u need!
    05-07-09 12:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD