So, I know there have been some complaints about VZW pushing installers to the Storms recently and I figured I'd let everyone know that I've (seemingly) deleted them. I just went into Service Books and chose the option to delete them. I am using the 5.0 leak which may be allowing me to do so. I nave restarted the phone via battery pull and they have not come back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 12:41 AM
    Thanks for the notice. It worked well and now I don't have to worry about them. I had them hidden anyways. But if you have to resend your service books, do they come back?
    07-28-09 01:34 AM
    yes, they will come back, why do people think they can get around them. You are not smarter than VZW/RIM
    07-28-09 01:39 AM
    yes, they will come back, why do people think they can get around them. You are not smarter than VZW/RIM
    I personally have never resent my service books and they don't come back after a battery pull. I'm not trying to outsmart verizon, I simply tried something, it worked, and I posted it here.

07-28-09 03:01 AM
    They come back. I tried that a while back and sure enough they were back. Just hide them or put them in a folder

07-28-09 03:07 AM
    If you delete it, it will still come.
    07-28-09 04:19 AM
    Update: 4 days after (i did it on sunday) i deleted these service books, and after multiple battery pulls and quickpull resets, they are still gone, and the VPLs are still gone.
    07-30-09 10:18 PM
    %Drive_Letter%:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files
    Is the location for the installation files for the phone... I am wondering... Could we manipulate/remove any of these to fix the VPL issue? It doesn't really bother me, I have them hidden, and have plenty of memory available, but if it fixes it for everyone else then I guess it is worth it (plus then maybe Civic will like me... heehee)
    *innocent grin*

... Just a thought
    07-31-09 12:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD