I had Viigo installed on my Tour; after attempting to use it..I found out that the app actually sucks in my opinion.

After deleting it off my Tour and re-starting the Tour..I found that my Tour runs much smoother; my trackball is much more responsive to my scrolling within the Tour's OS/menu/etc.

Anyone else with a similar experience?
    08-11-09 07:19 PM
    I had the same experience as well. There seemed to not be very much content on that app.
    08-11-09 07:38 PM
    Yes same here, Viigo is a really cool app but without wifi its not quite the same.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 07:50 PM
    Same here. Had Viigo, Tour ran sluggish. Removed it, Tour runs much better.
    08-11-09 07:51 PM
    I removed Facebook and my battery has went all day without hardley moving.

08-11-09 07:57 PM
    I've had my Tour for a week, and I'm beginning to get the same impression. I looked at my free memory today, and while other that have the Tour are running with ~120 mb of free app memory, I operate with about 98, which I suspect is being eaten by Viigo. I'd hate to have to get rid of it, but maybe it's time to move on...
    08-11-09 08:00 PM
    Viigo drove me crazy! Everything was so laggy! I deleted it and now my Tour runs wonderfully with only the occasional hiccup.

08-11-09 08:31 PM
    Is this a Tour thing only? I have Vlingo on my 8330. Phone has become sluggish too, but wasn't sure what it was. Any Curve users experience improved performance after removing Vlingo?
    08-11-09 08:37 PM
    Wow, I haven't had any problems at all with Viigo. I haven't noticed my Tour acting laggy at all and I've got it set to send me up to 50 articles per feed, plus I have a lot of different feeds set up in the app to read. Were you all completely closing the app when you were done with it and not letting it run in the background? Just curious.
    08-11-09 08:38 PM
    Give Free Range a try. I used it on my Pearl and now my Tour. I haven't had a bit of trouble with it.
    08-11-09 08:47 PM
    I had Viigo installed on my Tour; after attempting to use it..I found out that the app actually sucks in my opinion.

After deleting it off my Tour and re-starting the Tour..I found that my Tour runs much smoother; my trackball is much more responsive to my scrolling within the Tour's OS/menu/etc.

Anyone else with a similar experience?
    It's probably just running smoother because you restarted, how long ago did you delete/restart? And like someone else said, if you just CLOSE viigo (as well as other apps) after you use it, it shouldn't slow you down
    08-11-09 08:51 PM
    Whenever Viigo updates, everything on my Tour grinds to a halt. So, I only have it update hourly instead of every 30min. Hopefully this will be fixed in a future release... Otherwise, it's a great app!

08-11-09 09:02 PM
    I have update for viigo turned off. The program does not slow the curve down at all. When I open the program the feeds load in about a minute. No problems.

08-11-09 09:20 PM
    Wow I'm glad I found this forum. I have an app on my Tour (I've had for a little over a week and LOVE IT) but it doesn't let me update. I was looking for another app and was going to go with the Viigo, but now I will look at something else after the messages. I have noticed that whenever I FORGET to close the apps, it does freeze up.
    08-11-09 09:29 PM
    I wonder if there are any other apps that will cause the phone to delay?
    08-11-09 09:40 PM
    Had Viigo for a couple of weeks, but found it was constantly lagging between screens, so it's been given the boot. It was like pulling teeth to move through feeds. Maybe I was pulling too many feeds with it...who knows. However, in my opinion it wasn't all it's been hyped up to be.

08-11-09 09:43 PM
    Ditto!!!! I had the same problem. **** the app itself was very sluggish!!
    08-11-09 10:06 PM
    Just deleted mine, thanks. Didnt have much use for it anyway.
    08-11-09 10:16 PM
    It's probably just running smoother because you restarted, how long ago did you delete/restart? And like someone else said, if you just CLOSE viigo (as well as other apps) after you use it, it shouldn't slow you down
    Well; the sheer existence of Viigo on my Tour..even when the app wasn't in use; seemed to be slowing down my Tour's overall responsiveness. I only mentioned the re-start bit because in order to fully ensure that the deletion process of Viigo from your phone is complete..you should re-start the phone immediately upon deleting Viigo off the phone (which is what I did).

Sure; Viigo may NOT be problematic to the responsiveness of phones for those that have it installed..but FOR ME; deleting it GREATLY created a marked improvement in the speed of my Tour.
    08-12-09 09:55 AM
    I had the same experience as well. There seemed to not be very much content on that app.
    You do know its an rss reader. You would be the one that adds the content..

Also Viigo has stated in the forums that the app could cause problems with the tour and they are working on getting a working version out.
    08-12-09 10:02 AM
    They have a lite version that just does RSS, but it hasn't been updated in a while. I wish they put some focus back on that. Viigo T3 has become to "heavy".
    08-12-09 10:12 AM
    Is this a Tour thing only? I have Vlingo on my 8330. Phone has become sluggish too, but wasn't sure what it was. Any Curve users experience improved performance after removing Vlingo?
    they're referring to VIIgo, which is an RSS and news aggregator. VLINgo is the speech-to-text app.

to answer your question tho, i never saw any performance lag on my curve with vlingo installed. but my tour sucked with it in there. took vlingo off the tour and it started running better.
    08-12-09 10:22 AM
    I have a love hate relationships with Viigo... finally took it off again. Lagged on my Curve and Tour. Images takes forever to download. Drank up my battery- quick! So with my Tour I can access the web-site faster and I'm happy. But still, there's a love hate relationship I got going on with Viigo.
    08-12-09 11:18 AM
    Looks like vigo is on its way out for me lol
    08-12-09 11:20 AM
    if you are using Google reader you could use the web app. I use Byline on my iPhone and it works very well even with thousands of feeds. i would like something similar for my Tour.
    08-12-09 11:54 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD