Hi, today I was able to delete my BBM application by installing the same version that my phone came with with the one on App World. Then when I plugged it in to Desktop Manager I was given the option.

My question: If I remove the application, could the speed of my phone increase? I've always hated how BBM is always running even though I basically don't use it :/
    08-19-11 02:22 AM
    if I understood right yeah its completly fine to erase bbm if you dont use it, and to be honest its quite large in mb as for speeding up your phone maybe alittle, but dont be scared and if you miss it im sure some of the nice people around here will link you to were you can get it again
    08-19-11 03:03 AM
    I've had both a Curve 8900 on OS4.6 and a Bold 9700 on OS5 and OS6 and always deleted BBM on those devices without experiencing any issues.

So I say you're good to go, although I don't think it'll give you a lot of boost.
    08-19-11 03:03 AM
    If you don't have a BBM you can't use any applications that support BBM social platform.
    08-19-11 06:44 AM
    So far I've been using my Torch w/o BBM installed and be it the placebo effect or not, I feel like I'm getting less freezing than I usually get.

And as for social apps: I use Poynt and Foursquare. So after the delete, they just perform like they did before the social platform update.

Maybe I will keep it this way! Basically never used BBM anyways, and I do like never having to see it always running again.

EDIT: Slight dilemma, when I plugged it in to DM this morning, a BBM installation is required with any updates....

(Sent using Tapatalk)
    08-19-11 03:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD