I recently deleted the following apps:
    • Windows Live
    • Blackberry podcasts
    • Google Talk

and even after a reboot, I am being told about the upgrades available in that homescreen [where it tells me people's birthdays, new messages, phone calls, etc.]

How do I make that go away? [The unnecessary listing of those app upgrades that is.]
    02-17-11 10:56 PM
    Is it showing the icons still? Or just the update notification? Also try pulling your battery. That usually helps reset after you delete apps etc.
    02-18-11 12:11 AM
    Is it showing the icons still? Or just the update notification? Also try pulling your battery. That usually helps reset after you delete apps etc.
    The OP said they rebooted.

Is the the notifications, like a new message? or just an Icon like it's still an app? If it's an Icon, it could be pushed from your provider and it's just a shortcut link to installing the app. Hit the BB button and go hide everything that won't delete that you find annoying.
    02-18-11 05:52 AM

Is the the notifications, like a new message? or just an Icon like it's still an app? If it's an Icon, it could be pushed from your provider and it's just a shortcut link to installing the app. Hit the BB button and go hide everything that won't delete that you find annoying.
    It's just the notifications. Even when I click on them, they don't go away.
    02-18-11 11:38 AM
    Did you originally install them via App World?
    Perhaps the old ALT RST trick might help.
    Login to App World/my World; Hold down ALT and type R S T
    Then reboot if necessary

Edit; I just realized you're referring to notifications and not UPDATE notifications
    how about a screen shot?
    Last edited by pmccartney; 02-18-11 at 11:46 AM.
    02-18-11 11:42 AM

Random question: I have the annoying icons "Hidden" but they still pop up after every Quick Pull or Battery Pull....so its frustrating every time to go and select each one to "Hide"
    There has to be a way to get these apps off of here
    (Sorry to jump in...I am talking about CNN, TWC, Fandango etc)
    02-19-11 12:40 PM
    I remember removing those apps when i updated my OS and i haven't received any kind of notifications... I know it seems like alot but its your best bet to a permanent solution.
    02-19-11 06:39 PM
    Alex...my problem is I have a Mac and BB doesnt play well with mac...every time I try to update or anything I end up spending a day or 2 fixing what DM and Mac did...
    I am super wary of even plugging my bb into my mac now..
    02-19-11 08:10 PM
    Alex...my problem is I have a Mac and BB doesnt play well with mac...every time I try to update or anything I end up spending a day or 2 fixing what DM and Mac did...
    I am super wary of even plugging my bb into my mac now..
    Yeah, being a Mac user is a titch tougher in RIM's world than it should be. I do NOT use MacDM. Garbage software when I tried it, and I'm super leery of it FUBARing my phones now.

On your phone, try making a new folder, called "junk" or "cr@p" or something equally descriptive. Put the icons into that folder. Hide that folder. That should sort everything out as far as appearance goes, and should "stick" even after doing a battery pull.

I'd seriously consider getting a wee little netbook for Berry stuff. Would cost the same as getting VMwareFusion or Parallels and a licensed copy of Windoze to install. Plus it would keep your Mac "pristine" (I run VMware with WinXPpro just for Berry stuff).
    02-20-11 04:20 PM
    Yeah, being a Mac user is a titch tougher in RIM's world than it should be. I do NOT use MacDM. Garbage software when I tried it, and I'm super leery of it FUBARing my phones now.

On your phone, try making a new folder, called "junk" or "cr@p" or something equally descriptive. Put the icons into that folder. Hide that folder. That should sort everything out as far as appearance goes, and should "stick" even after doing a battery pull.

I'd seriously consider getting a wee little netbook for Berry stuff. Would cost the same as getting VMwareFusion or Parallels and a licensed copy of Windoze to install. Plus it would keep your Mac "pristine" (I run VMware with WinXPpro just for Berry stuff).
    I did make a folder for cr@p...put all the useless icons in there..thought I was good but when i did a battery pull they all came back.

So I just plugged bb into Mac and it all went really well! I was shocked.
    As far as deleting the apps...I went in on my phone and deleted the Service Books for those unwanted apps and the icons went away. yay.

I think I would have a hard time making the argument to husby that I need a netbook just for my phone...he would get me an iphone (I have had ne before and didnt like it) Although I would love a little netbook...then I could try my hand at themes...any idea why ThemeBuilder isnt for Mac?
    02-20-11 06:57 PM
    If he's willing to pay for an iPhone (and I agree, I don't like it even though I drink th e Apple koolade) then what's the prob with a netbook?

Glad to hear that the Mac DM didn't fork you over though. I'm just too damned scared to try it again. Plus, Mac DM messes with the Tether app .
    02-20-11 09:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD