Anyone able to tell me how to delete preloaded app such as the Fandango app, etc.???
    08-13-10 01:15 PM
    sorry no can do. Just hide the icon.

Anyone able to tell me how to delete preloaded app such as the Fandango app, etc.???
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-10 01:18 PM
    And that I will do, thanks for the help.
    08-13-10 01:20 PM
    I was wondering the same thing... So, I guess you can't use BBSAK or JL to do it? Or even the App loader?
    08-13-10 01:32 PM
    You can delete them from Apps Managment screen. I did it earlier.
    08-13-10 01:36 PM
    where is the aps manger screen, don't see it on desktop
    08-22-10 07:14 AM
    Would someone kindly try "What's Running" for this? On other phones it can be used to force-delete modules including built-in apps, foreign language fonts, etc., much as people use Shrink-an-OS (Shrink-A-OS?) for, but it's untried on 9800 so far.

Coupon WR9800 for 3 free copies (9800 users only). Download from mobile CrackBerry store (coupons don't work in web store).

Next version of WR will have a filter to automatically select deletion candidates to "shrink the OS", so if anyone wants to suggest items on the 9800 to add to that list... I'll also be using the sim to decide on that, but suggestions welcome.

Thank you
    08-22-10 10:27 AM
    Would someone kindly try "What's Running" for this? On other phones it can be used to force-delete modules including built-in apps, foreign language fonts, etc., much as people use Shrink-an-OS (Shrink-A-OS?) for, but it's untried on 9800 so far.

Coupon WR9800 for 3 free copies (9800 users only). Download from mobile CrackBerry store (coupons don't work in web store).

Next version of WR will have a filter to automatically select deletion candidates to "shrink the OS", so if anyone wants to suggest items on the 9800 to add to that list... I'll also be using the sim to decide on that, but suggestions welcome.

Thank you
    I believe Fandango that was mentioned was pushed as a service book by the carrier. It's merely a short cut to download the app. All you can do is hide the icon, because after each reboot, or when service books are pushed it will reappear.
    08-22-10 12:19 PM
    Will this work for all berries or is this only torch specific?
    08-22-10 12:33 PM
    An app could conceivably be made to automatically delete the unwanted service books every time the BB is rebooted, but it would probably be more of an annoyance than just hiding the icons. Unless I'm mistaken, it would have to simulate user input and go into Options/ServiceBooks for you, search for the unwanted items, and delete them using the interface, then back up to the homescreen. Any user input during the process would foul it up, the phone starting in locked condition would prevent it from working until you unlock, and you'd have to wait and watch all that fly across the screen after each reset.

I don't have time for that anyway, but there's the idea if any of the developers who've been asking for ideas want to pick it up. It would probably still sell despite being an annoyance in itself. The app could list the service books internally without having to read the display, then just use the user interface for the deletions. Good luck...
    08-23-10 07:07 PM
    An app could conceivably be made to automatically delete the unwanted service books every time the BB is rebooted, but it would probably be more of an annoyance than just hiding the icons. Unless I'm mistaken, it would have to simulate user input and go into Options/ServiceBooks for you, search for the unwanted items, and delete them using the interface, then back up to the homescreen. Any user input during the process would foul it up, the phone starting in locked condition would prevent it from working until you unlock, and you'd have to wait and watch all that fly across the screen after each reset.

I don't have time for that anyway, but there's the idea if any of the developers who've been asking for ideas want to pick it up. It would probably still sell despite being an annoyance in itself. The app could list the service books internally without having to read the display, then just use the user interface for the deletions. Good luck...
    Sounds good, but what about when your carrier just decides to send service books out because they want to? You don't need a reboot for the service books to get sent.

So this app would need to monitor your service book entries at set intervals to see if those unwanted ones are there or not.

And what about those pushed apps that you want? I love NFL Mobile on my Verizon Blackberry's.

I think this app would be so much of a battery hog that it wouldn't be worth it. Much easier, simpler, and less battery and memory hogging to just make a folder, put apps in folder, and hide folder.
    08-23-10 07:21 PM
    Sounds good, but what about when your carrier just decides to send service books out because they want to? You don't need a reboot for the service books to get sent.

So this app would need to monitor your service book entries at set intervals to see if those unwanted ones are there or not.

And what about those pushed apps that you want? I love NFL Mobile on my Verizon Blackberry's.

I think this app would be so much of a battery hog that it wouldn't be worth it. Much easier, simpler, and less battery and memory hogging to just make a folder, put apps in folder, and hide folder.
    It does seem best just to hide the icons. However, the auto-delete app need not be a battery hog. "What's Running" does fine even though it has a lot more work to do than a service book monitor would. What could happen is, whenever a new shortcut gets pushed from the carrier, the monitor could ask you the next time you arrive back at the homescreen, "Keep this one?" If no, then it would delete it for you.

The nag-books could also be automatically hidden and moved to the "get out of my face" folder, rather than deleting them; that way it wouldn't have to delete them all again after each reboot.
    08-24-10 01:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD