I'm on FB 1.5 and after upgrading, fb calendar appears to be default, how on earth do I delete this so I can have my original calendar back?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Arthur Tsai likes this.
    04-09-09 02:36 AM
    Hey there

Go within the FB app and click menu options scroll down and you'll see an option to connect your facebook application with: calender, uncheck the box, then see how that goes?
    04-09-09 04:36 AM
    That actually doesn't delete the calendar. I am trying to figure out how to get it off of here myself...
    04-09-09 12:57 PM
    To set the default calendar:

Options > Advanced Options > Default Services

To remove a calendar:

Options > Advanced Options > Service Books > Remove the CICAL service book for the calendar you want to remove.
    sssutanto and fewdots like this.
    04-09-09 01:18 PM
    That still doesn't actually "delete" the Facebook calendar.
    04-09-09 03:39 PM
    bump... i would love to know the answer to this... i cant delete it!
    04-21-09 05:03 AM
    bump... i would love to know the answer to this... i cant delete it!
    ...me too!!!
    04-21-09 05:17 AM
    Use DM to delete all calendars and then re-sync...
    04-21-09 05:21 AM

To remove a calendar:

Options > Advanced Options > Service Books > Remove the CICAL service book for the calendar you want to remove.
    I was having the same issues and never found out how to remove it so I downgrade to the 1.2 facebook version !!
    04-21-09 05:22 AM
    I was having the same issues and never found out how to remove it so I downgrade to the 1.2 facebook version !!

Ive downgraded... but the calendars still there!

And also i tried using dm... went to back up, restor etc... got the too columns... scorlled down the one on the right and pressed clear under each calendar entry... reset my device... and still had the facebook alendar

Ive deleted any cical entry i can find that relates to a calendar... (and to be honest i still dont know what people mean when they say "re send" service books... but im assuming ive done the right thing by just deleting the files

From what i can tell, the default device calendar has been renamed "facebook"... because i dont have any other calendar listed...

I just hate having things i cant get rid of...

And i also hate that my contacts birthdays no longer show up in the calendar!

Help...
    04-21-09 05:53 AM
    What I have personaly done is reinstalling the OS without facebook app on it from the DM.
    Then reboot, facebook calendar was gone and then reinstall facebook 1.2 in OTA from the BB store and it works fine for me, no facebook calendar anymore!!
    Hope this will works
    04-21-09 09:01 AM

To remove a calendar:

When I tried to set the calendar, I only had the option to choose the Facebook calendar. Removing it from the service books was effective and now my normal calendar entries are back!! I think something must have changed since I upgraded to 1.5.0.31 because I never had the option to delete it before. Anyway, thanks!
    04-21-09 05:01 PM
    Thanks for the tips, I am trying now and will find out if it works on my Verizon BB with OS 4.5. I removed FB 1.5 and will not install it again until this bug is fixed. Totally unacceptable!
    04-22-09 08:42 AM
    how do u download the facebook 1.2?
    cant seem to find the link
    i want to downgrade to 1.2 also
    04-22-09 02:38 PM
    bump. would love to know the answer also. NOW I know why I can't see my upcoming appoinments. It only shows NEW appointments that I put in. Not the stuff that was already there. I feel SO much better now. I thought I was going crazy.
    04-22-09 04:35 PM

To remove a calendar:

THIS TOTALLY WORKED!!!!!! I also removed the gmail calendar the same way. Thanks SO much!
    04-22-09 04:37 PM
    This worked for me too! I flipped about my entries not showing. Deleted the facebook calendar completely and fixed my default. Thanks everyone!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-09 05:02 PM

To remove a calendar:

This worked for me! I had the same issue.. Thanks!
    04-22-09 05:40 PM
    This sounds really annoying, facebook thinks that everyone's life revolves around fb : (
    04-22-09 06:09 PM
    bump. would love to know the answer also. NOW I know why I can't see my upcoming appoinments. It only shows NEW appointments that I put in. Not the stuff that was already there. I feel SO much better now. I thought I was going crazy.
    Option> Default Service > Calender CIAL - Change it off Facebook and select the one you want for example [email protected].
    04-22-09 06:16 PM

To remove a calendar:

Hope this works... for some reason every time I uncheck facebook calendar it shows up again when I open my calendar again. Now I have 2 entries of everything!
    04-22-09 07:06 PM
    No problem everyone! Glad I could help you guys out.
    04-22-09 10:04 PM
    This for me completely did the job. Thanks soooo much!
    04-22-09 10:39 PM
    No problem everyone! Glad I could help you guys out.
    You sir, are the genius of geniuses! That procedure up there worked like a charm! Thanks.
    04-22-09 10:40 PM
    Even when I changed the default service to another calendar and deleted the service book Google Sync would still try to sync with the damn Facebook calendar.

When I do a hard reset the Facebook CICAL service book shows back up. I was having a problem where Google Sync synced to the new default Facebook calendar and I had double appointments.

I had to delete the calendar on the DM, then uninstall Google Sync, restart. Then delete the Facebook CICAL and reinstall Google Sync. I ran the Google Sync and it finally sunc(sp?) with my default calendar.

Now I'm afraid when I do a hard reset the Facebook CICAL will show back up and I'll be back to square one.
    04-22-09 11:53 PM
95 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD