My menu button on my BB Curve is not working and I need to delete an old email icon....I go into Options, then to Apps, then I attempt to delete the icon for the email app by just using the delete button, but it will not let me delete it.

Does any one know how to delete apps without the menu key?? I can't upgrade my phone until October ;-( I suppose I could send it off to have it fixed, but they could not fix it at the Verizon store and I don't have insurance on the phone either.
    07-26-09 03:11 PM
    If you need to delete an old e-mail icon you need to delete it through service books.

Options>advanced options>service books

Find the e-mail account and try to use the delete button to delete it.
    07-26-09 03:13 PM
    Attempted that in the Service Books...will not allow me to delete it with just the delete button.

Thanks so much anyways!
    07-26-09 03:19 PM
    Hopefully your BFF released the PIN on your BB from their email accounts. It doesn't sound like it though.

Try logging in or creating an account here:

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw

Do a Change Device, the link is on the left side. Then delete the email account if it shows up.

I suspect the BIS site won't let you in on that PIN though until your BFF releases the PIN from their account.
    07-26-09 03:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD