When I delete an app, the storm still holds information about it. For instance, slacker doesn't work for me. Every time I uninstall it and then re-install it, what ends up happening is the application short cut will pop up in the last place that I put it. I'm sure there are other forms of saved options and what not. What I need to do to get storm to work is to COMPLETELY delete it from the system entirely, as in everything, and then install it again, and then I think it will work. How can I go about doing that?
    01-22-09 12:30 PM
    Wipe your phone and don't restore everything
    01-22-09 12:33 PM
    How do I do that? I can restore contacts and texts/e-mails right? What am I saying? Of course I can do that. But how do I do the wipe?
    01-22-09 01:03 PM
    I tried to remove Slacker with DM 4.7 when I upgraded my Storm to OS .90 but it would not allow me to uncheck it.....very strange. Any other way to remove the app??
    01-22-09 02:16 PM
    on a similar note, why can't i delete some of the defacto applications like flickr, facebook, Vcast, AIM etc...i know they are not installed but the icons still show up(grayed out) even if the DM say's they are not installed...
    01-22-09 03:06 PM
    Wipe your phone with JL_CMDER, use the search function and you will find the program. Once wiped re-install what-ever OS you prefer. Wiping only takes like 10seconds then your phone boots up with a white screen and a error. You connect it to DM and load the new OS. Very simple i do it everytime i update my OS.
    GOOD LUCK!
    01-22-09 07:21 PM
    You can also wipe using CrackMem, CrackMem is useful for numerous other tasks too like getting rid of a lot of the apps RIM tries to pre-install.
    01-22-09 08:08 PM
    Is Wiping the phone the only way to completely get rid of Slacker? It's a great App, but not really my thing.
    02-16-09 02:49 PM
    If you go to options--> Advanced options--> applications, scroll down to Slacker, push the menu key, and then select "Delete", all of the information that Slacker itself stores on your BlackBerry will be deleted. The operating system may still store limited information such as where the icon was positioned.

If you go to your SD Card and delete the "Slacker" directory, or choose "Reset Account" before deleting slacker, it will wipe all traces from your SD Card as well.
    02-16-09 03:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD