I tried to delete Poynt application.

I thought I thought I followed the steps but now I have an icon that says "Poynt (Archived)".

How do I delete this from my Tour.
    09-09-09 09:07 PM
    It sucks but the same thing happened to me when I tried deleting ColorID. Just hide it.
    09-09-09 09:13 PM
    Is it using memory and taking up space?
    09-09-09 09:18 PM
    Try going into app world and deleting it from there. That is where you should delete anything download from app world, cause by default it will archive it if you delete it from the app screen or from the options menu.
    Last edited by brinky; 09-09-09 at 09:30 PM.
    09-09-09 09:27 PM
    Connect to DM and remove the app [and its archive] from there using Application Loader.
    09-09-09 09:28 PM
    how exactly did you delete it.
    options>advanced otpions>applications> scroll to poynt> menu and delete?
    09-09-09 09:28 PM
    how exactly did you delete it.
    options>advanced otpions>applications> scroll to poynt> menu and delete?
    Yes, this is how I deleted it.

Just tried to delete it from App World and it still says "Archived".

I also have another app in App World that is stuck on "starting download". Any ideas on how to get rid of this one?
    09-09-09 09:48 PM
    my question is why would you want to delete "Poynt" that is like one of the sweetest apps on the bb
    09-09-09 10:42 PM
    I got it out. Had to install it again then delete it through App World.

Thanks for the help.
    09-09-09 10:54 PM
    my question is why would you want to delete "Poynt" that is like one of the sweetest apps on the bb
    Agreed, why would you ever want this gone???
    09-10-09 10:24 AM
    I’m certainly not saying there is anything wrong with this program. In fact after hearing such surprise that I wanted to delete maybe I should give it another try. Maybe I just didn’t’ realize what is can and should be used for.

I found that between my Google program and the additional features on VZ Navigator I was able to do most of what I was doing with Poynt.

I’d be happy to hear what anyone has to say as to why this is the better program.
    09-10-09 10:30 AM
    Poynt always seems to work WAAAAYYY TOOOOOO SLLLOOOWWWWW
    09-10-09 12:42 PM
    That's one of my favorite apps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-09 12:45 PM
    I use it on a regular basis for movies and restaurants. I don't find it to be slow at all. The ability to view movie trailers is awesome! I'm gonna keep it until I find something better.
    09-10-09 02:47 PM
    I got it out. Had to install it again then delete it through App World.

Thanks for the help.
    For future reference, you don't have to install the app again to delete it from the AppWorld archive. If you have an archived app, go to your 'My World' in the AppWorld application, select the archived app, hit the menu button and hit 'delete'.
    09-10-09 04:05 PM
    Never delete Poynt, greatest BB app ever produced!
    09-10-09 05:59 PM
    Try going into app world and deleting it from there. That is where you should delete anything download from app world, cause by default it will archive it if you delete it from the app screen or from the options menu.

just tried your advice and was able to delete the archived color id. Thanks. I love learning new things about my Berry.
    09-10-09 06:16 PM
    For future reference, you don't have to install the app again to delete it from the AppWorld archive. If you have an archived app, go to your 'My World' in the AppWorld application, select the archived app, hit the menu button and hit 'delete'.
    Thanks for the help. I did try that first and for some reason it didn't work. Could have been me though.
    09-10-09 08:22 PM
    Yea poynt is easily the app I use the most. Reminds me of beyond411 from my old curve

09-11-09 02:20 PM
    Here's my tip from an hour or two ago from another thread:

For any App you originally downloaded from App World, it is best/easiest to open App World, got My World, and when highlighting that App press MENU and choose Delete. You can choose Archive to save it to your media card. If you choose Delete, it will stay in the bottom of your My World list the next time you open it, but it will be faded and say Uninstalled. It is deleted though, don't worry!

09-11-09 02:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD