I have AT&T. Does anyone know if the app that the default weather page offers is free? It says "Subscribe Now" but is it a free subscription?
    04-30-09 04:39 PM
    I have AT&T. Does anyone know if the app that the default weather page offers is free? It says "Subscribe Now" but is it a free subscription?
    Yes, you won't be singing up for a paid subscription, you're subscribing to a push service, much the same way you subscribe to an rss feed in your browser. The push weather service is free.

I might add that in my opinion it totally blows and is a pain to get rid of if you don't keep the link to unsubscribe handy. If you don't mind dropping a little loot for a weather app, BerryWeather is gorgeous. If you prefer to scope the free ones only, BBWeather 0.84a is great, and WeatherEye also gives good results if your city is one that they cover and you don't mind small ads.
    05-01-09 12:37 AM
    Will BerryWeather run on the 8310?
    05-01-09 07:08 AM
    Yep sure will
    05-01-09 07:17 AM
    Awesome, I'll have to check it in a little bit.

Thanks!
    05-01-09 08:08 AM
    I just downloaded the trial version of BerryWeather... When I type in my location, I've tried doing it as "Baton Rouge", "Baton Rouge, LA", and "70806". It kept saying "No Location". I also tried "Chicago" for laughs, and it didn't work either. Help!
    05-01-09 08:18 AM
    You may be talking about something else, but the My-Cast weather app AT&T pushed to the Download folder of people's BBs last week is a 7-day trial period app, after which you have to pay.
    05-01-09 09:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD