Please add to this app so that when you lock the phone it shows up preventing you from accessing your homescreen untill you slide the bar over.

last night i had my phone in my case and it was apparently calling people.

the lock button is in a bad place and is easily hit while in the case.
    12-29-08 12:26 PM
    just download the application called autolock. It will lock your phone after the backlight turns off.

It is available through a google search or on the OTA storm apps thread.
    12-29-08 12:34 PM
    Please add to this app so that when you lock the phone it shows up preventing you from accessing your homescreen untill you slide the bar over.

last night i had my phone in my case and it was apparently calling people.

the lock button is in a bad place and is easily hit while in the case.
    Thats weird... are you saying the phone will unlock even tho you are not sliding to unlock?

Mine does not unlock unless I slide.

Please search for the TalkLock thread and post there or go to the TalkLock website and email your feedback.
    12-29-08 12:39 PM
    just download the application called autolock. It will lock your phone after the backlight turns off.

It is available through a google search or on the OTA storm apps thread.
    If you read his post, he's saying that the position of the lock button allows the phone to be unlocked easily while in your pocket or a case.
    12-29-08 12:39 PM
    Thats weird... are you saying the phone will unlock even tho you are not sliding to unlock?

Mine does not unlock unless I slide.

Please search for the TalkLock thread and post there or go to the TalkLock website and email your feedback.
    No. He wants the TalkLock interface w/ the slider to show up when you lock your phone, in addition to during a call. That will make the phone more difficult to unlock, preventing it from accidentally becoming unlocked in your pocket.
    12-29-08 12:40 PM
    No. He wants the TalkLock interface w/ the slider to show up when you lock your phone, in addition to during a call. That will make the phone more difficult to unlock, preventing it from accidentally becoming unlocked in your pocket.

Basically he wants an iPhone.
    12-29-08 12:42 PM
    Basically he wants an iPhone.
    *sigh* Is it wrong to want an effective way to lock a phone?

I don't understand why some people don't think the Storm should have any similar features to the iPhone. I don't like the iPhone too much (it's a solid phone, just not for me) but you have to admit that it does have some quality features.
    12-29-08 01:43 PM
    *sigh* Is it wrong to want an effective way to lock a phone?

I don't understand why some people don't think the Storm should have any similar features to the iPhone. I don't like the iPhone too much (it's a solid phone, just not for me) but you have to admit that it does have some quality features.
    the go get an iphone is getting real old.

people who say that are so insecure in their stormhood.
    12-29-08 02:15 PM
    Slide to unlock would be pretty sweet.

off topic:
    I'd like to see Urban Spoon on the Storm!
    12-29-08 02:24 PM

While that's true, there are some people who really DO just want a jesus phone. Some people might try the Storm out, and when it's not able to do everything exactly like their jesus phone only better, they complain.

I think most of us are quite happy with our Storm, but it's not going to be for everyone. Some people will be much happier with other phones like the Omnia or jesus phone. I still occasionally miss my old LG VX8700 flip phone. It didn't do much, but what it did do, it did quite well (except bluetooth which I don't use).
    12-29-08 02:28 PM
    If we're putting together a wish list for Talklock (I love the app, btw), what I would really like to see is the phone screen darkened behind the slider so that you can still see talk time, picture, phone #, etc. Would that transparency just eat up too much of the Storm's resources? What does everyone else think?

And P.S.:
    I'd LOVE to see the Urban Spoon app on the Storm. Give it time and I'm sure we'll see an explosion of apps for this phone.
    12-29-08 04:38 PM

LMAO at the stormhood insecurity.

Personally I would welcome the ability to utilize talklock to unlock my phone in all situations. I find that my phone lags quite a bit when locking/unlocking my phone with the button.
    12-29-08 04:54 PM
    Stormhood? LOL

There are alternative ways to unlock a phone that do not involve the iphone-like swipe. For instance, you could press the green button then the red button in succession to unlock the phone. The chances of accidentally doing that with your cheek are probably about the same as accidentally swiping the screen with your cheek in a manner that unlocks the phone.
    12-29-08 05:07 PM
    for those looking for a "iphone" like slide lock, remember that he iphone if you dont take it to the very end of its slide travel it will return to the begining so that the phone wont unlock unles its moved to the end in one fluid motion. i was using my phone the other day and noticed that by the end of my conversation the talklock slider was almost all the way to the end, so while it works well it still isnt flawless, or "iphone" like, but with a little more time it'll proabably get there.
    12-29-08 05:16 PM
    I love the storm but...

I would like the "LOCK key" on the top of the storm to lock the screen but not lock the device. I want to use this LOCK key to manually lock the screen when I put the device in my pocket or on my ear but I don't want it to lock the device and have to put in my password if I need to use the device again in 5 minutes. My device locks automatically after it's not used for a while so that's good enough to keep it secure (it has a lock icon if I really need to lock the device manually).

I don't need Talk Lock to detect that a call has been connected... I would rather just push that screen LOCK key when I need it and push it again when I want to use the screen again. I could easily get in the habit of pushing the LOCK key when I move the phone toward my ear to talk.

I had a Samsung WM device that worked like that and it was great. NO, I don't want to go back to the Samsung and NO I don't want an iphone thank you. Can we stick to the topic of improving the Storm please.

It seems like this could be implemented by giving some options for the LOCK key behavior on the Screen/Keyboard options screen. For now though, an APP that toggles the screen lock could be assigned to one of the convenience keys. You can't choose the function of LOCK key (yet!). It would also be nice if the screen would flash with the word "LOCKED" to remind you that it is locked, but otherwise I would like to see the normal information on the screen between the LOCKED flashes.
    12-29-08 09:06 PM
    and an easy method of changing the background picture would be great. should be just as easy as it is to change the background on the phone itself.

the workaround is so tedious.
    12-29-08 10:05 PM
    I see... my bad... and yes this does sound like an iphone.
    12-29-08 10:56 PM
    I have this TalkLock app and overall it isn't that bad... i am running the .87 version of the os and the app works like its supposed to, including unlocking. there is a slight bit of lag but nothing major. one thing i was curious about was that i read that you could change the image that is on the screen while talklock is "enabled" but after much searching(consider shaking down a bedroom and relate that to my virtual search of my phone) i have been able to find no setting menu for the app... anybody have any clues?
    12-30-08 02:28 AM
    I have installed this and it will not activate for me at all. No prompt no nothing.

I have uninstalled it and reinstalled and still nothing.

I cannot find any place to change any settings to make it activate.

How can I get this to work?
    12-30-08 07:08 AM
    Dude did you just say .87?????????????

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-08 07:09 AM
    Dude did you just say .87?????????????

Holy ****. Chill out there are other people on this forum who have os's that are higher than .85 . They are obviously real testers.

12-30-08 02:55 PM
    Holy ****. Chill out there are other people on this forum who have os's that are higher than .85 . They are obviously real testers.

I think a more logical conclusion would be that the OP made a typo.
    12-30-08 03:27 PM
    hahahaha gees
    12-30-08 06:03 PM
    I have installed this and it will not activate for me at all. No prompt no nothing.

Once the download and install finishes, there's no app for you to go click on and configure. just make a phone call. it takes about 3-5 seconds to come on. if you hold down the menu button to show running apps, you should also see it under there
    12-30-08 06:11 PM

Have you set the application permissions to "Allow"?
    12-31-08 06:03 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD