I use to read hours a day on here and have been lazy lately.

The daycare has a website to view cameras. It downloads a program to my computer but I have to open a web browser and go to the daycare website and launch the live feed then it opens up the camera app in a new window. I cannot just open the program it installed on my computer.

Is there a way to make this work on my phone? If not, is there a way to say....leave it on my home computer screen when I leave for work and be able to see what is on my home computer screen from my phone?
    08-03-09 11:13 AM
    It would depend on the video format they are using. You could see if the URL for the video can be entered into your browser. If the format is supported, then you should be able to see the video in the media player (opened by the browser).

I know that running Orb on my home computer gives me access to my computer's webcam, but that wouldn't work in your situation.
    08-03-09 02:22 PM
    I don't think it will work. I reinstalled the program my computer. It is correctly working now.

It doesn't need IE open now. It works just like an app now. Thing is, it gives the option to change cameras or watch more than one camera at a time.

Oh well, thanks.
    08-03-09 02:35 PM
    You would be able to view your home pc with a program called remote desktop for mobiles. I do not have the web link for you but you can google it. I had the program but no longer have home internet, I just tether my bold. The program worked flawlessly and allowd you to view and control your home pc right from your mobile. I'm guessing that is one work around for you. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-09 03:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD