I've got a Blackberry Pearl 8120 at the moment and when i get paid at the end of the month i want to buy the Blackberry Curve 8520 on pay as you go as i only have a part time job so i can't really get a contract phone!
    I was wondering if it was possible to get data plan on pay as you go and i also wanted to know if i would beable to get App World aswell?
    10-27-09 07:47 AM
    If you have a Blackberry data plan you will be able to access the App world from your device and I believe Orange sells a data plans for pay as you go customers.
    10-27-09 09:45 AM
    +1

If you have data, you should be able to access anything online. And I also believe Orange sells a pay as you go data plan but, if I remember correctly, it's a rip-off.
    10-27-09 10:40 AM
    how much is the data plan on pay as you go?
    10-28-09 09:34 AM
    I'm not sure, I'm in the US. Probably best to check with Orange.

I did a quick Google search but didn't come up with anything.
    10-28-09 10:58 AM
    Yes you can get a data plan on Orange pay as you go. You say you have an 8120 - is that not on the pay as you go plan? Staff in the Orange shop will tell you how to register and there will also be full details in box. And I would disagree with RobotnumberOne, but I don't think it's a rip off. I have a pay as you go on 'Dolphin' - I put on a 10 top up a month which gives me 300 texts and Orange deduct 5 for the data plan. For what I use my phone for this is absolutely fine and works out loads cheaper than a contract - even with having to buy a phone.

I beleive you can also access the BB App world in the UK, although you need a PayPal account to pay for the apps. Never used it myself though.
    10-29-09 12:28 PM
    I am wanting to get the Orange PnG BB plan. Do you find you dont go over the data plan (what is the fair use amount)??

Any information would be great as I cant seem to find answers ... anywhere....
    11-09-09 08:22 PM
    Sorry for replying so late.

It's unlimited, but the fair usage policy is 50mb a month, I never went over that. I think it's ok to go over it a few times, but if you constantly go over Orange will probably contact you asking do you want a proper contract.

Regards, Kelvin.
    11-30-09 05:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD