I have a bb 9530 and I find it an extream task to click the blackberry button then scroll all the way down and click the close button to close the app

What I would like is to be able to make one of the buttons on the side be a close quit or exit button...not to put the app in the background but tp be the equivalent of scrolling and clicking the clos button

It would also be nice for this app to be customizable so that you can choose which apps you want it to close and which you want to put in the background

Anybody else interested in this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-09 04:41 PM
    I've been trying to find this too, except it would be more of a task manager.
    04-11-09 05:26 PM
    i would be very interested in an app like this!
    04-11-09 08:30 PM
    Many apps can be fully closed with the 'back' button (next to the red end call button). A little experimenting by closing apps this way then checking the app switcher immediately afterwards will let you know which work this way.

04-11-09 09:37 PM
    It would be nice. It is truly a tedious process.
    04-11-09 09:39 PM
    I already knew that...this would be for those apps that dont

04-11-09 09:40 PM
    The default behavior when developing a Blackberry UiApplication is "back button" quits the app while the "end call" button backgrounds it.
    Rim doesn't provide many guidelines on this behavior, though, so there's not a lot of consistency across third party apps.
    04-11-09 09:42 PM
    is anybody else interested in this
    04-12-09 11:14 AM
    its been said time and time again, its not possible to create a task manager/universal app to close other apps
    04-12-09 11:38 AM
    why not....you cant create an app that calls a quit function?
    04-12-09 11:42 AM
    The default behavior when developing a Blackberry UiApplication is "back button" quits the app while the "end call" button backgrounds it.
    Rim doesn't provide many guidelines on this behavior, though, so there's not a lot of consistency across third party apps.
    this is most definitely the way i cancel out of apps, i wish the "back button" closed apps, and the "end call" button left it running.

not enough third party apps fully close out this way though a few do. like chuzzle
    04-12-09 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD