A service to provide custom icons that provide direct links to websites from your icon list that invoke the browser of your choice (Default, Internet, BlackBerry, WiFi, WAP).

Custom Blackberry Web Shortcuts

Promotional Shortcuts (unlimited use and distribution license):The BlackBerry world is continuing to grow and currently the platform does not allow users to create desktop icons for their favorite shortcuts. If you want to reach a large audience by providing the ability for users to launch your website directly from their icon list this is the way to do it.

These are completely customized icons to your specification and you will recieve Desktop Manager and OTA files as well as hosted services for your files if desired. We will work closely with you to make sure the icon looks just as you expect it and it directs the browser to exactly where you want it to go.

Promotional Shortcuts cost $20 for the unlimited use and distribution license. Select Buy Now below to purchase a Promotional Shortcut.

After payment is received we will contact you to work collaboratively on developing your icon.

Intranet Shortcuts (site license):If you want to deploy a link to your Intranet site or various Intranet sites for users to have easy access to corporate information you have come to the right place The Custom BlackBerry Web Shortcuts install just like any other application so they can be deployed easily to corporate users.

These are completely customized icons to your specifications and you will recieve Desktop Manager and OTA files as well as hosted services for your files if desired. We will work closely with you to make sure the icon looks just as you expect it. Additionally, since we do not have access to your corporate network and your icon will likely invoke the BlackBerry (BES) Browser we will provide support to ensure it is working properly and minor changes to URLs will be supported for 10 days after the first one is released to ensure that it is working properly.

Intranet Shortcuts cost $10 for a site license to deploy in your organization. If you are looking for shortcuts to promote your website to the public please consider purchasing a Promotional Shorcut.

*Note: Please ensure the URL that you want to use can be accessed from your BlackBerry Browser before requesting an Intranet Shortcut as limited to no support is available to get your BlackBerry to connect to an Intranet site.

Personal Shortcuts- Default/Internet/WiFi (single user license):If you want to make life a little easier you can have icons made for your favorite websites.

Personal Shortcuts cost $2 and can invoke the Default, Internet or WiFi Browser. If you do not know which one you want we can walk you through the benefits of each. All we will need is the Title, URL and if you have a preference on the icon image and we can set it for you.
    07-21-08 04:07 PM
    You may be asking yourself, why do I need a web shortcut for my blackberry and isn't there a free app out there that can do this for me anyway. The answer is "YES" there is an app by Jonathan Fisher that is very nice and provides some great functionality.

That being said, here are the three main reasons that custom web shortcuts are beneficial. After you take a look please consider purchasing a web shortcut for yourself.

1. Ease of use!! Although the free apps provides a nice option for less cost it does require some configuration and time, especially if you want to get a custom icon on your BlackBerry. When you reload your OS for upgrades and/or change your device you have to go through the link and icon configuration every time. With a Custom Blackberry Web Shorcut, once it is developed and delivered it is stored on your device like any other third party application so when you do the Device Switching or upgrade OS using desktop manager it will include the custom icons that were purchased just like all your other apps.

2. Ease of deployment!!! Most BES Admins/Companies that want to deploy an icon for the BB icon list want to make it as easy as possible for the end users or else it will not be installed. The Custom Blackberry Web Shorcuts I am offering provide this easy method for deployment with Desktop Manager (alx/cod) files and OTA (jad/cod) files for deployment it is as easy as pushing it to your BES users or providing an OTA link for them to click and select install.

3. Ability to invoke specific browser!! The free application, "Web Shortcuts Hub" only opens the default browser that is set on the device and does not provide a mechanism to force a specific browser to open. The Custom Blackberry Web Shorcut allows the user to specify during the development process to invoke the BlackBerry Browser for those wanting to create a link to an Intranet site or Wifi Browser for specific links on their BlackBerry.

These are just the three highlights to the purpose of this service. Please consider purchasing a Custom Blackberry Web Shortcuts today!!
    07-22-08 06:07 PM
    I don't understand...why pay when you can do it for free here: Blackberry Web Shortcuts
    07-22-08 06:13 PM
    I don't understand...why pay when you can do it for free here: Blackberry Web Shortcuts

gswarrior,

It is definitely not for everyone.

I have already found that a number of website owners have purchased the Promotional Shortcut for them to easily provide a shortcut to their user base.

Also, for the less technical users this is an easy way to get your favorite links on your BB home page.

If you have a specific need to launch the WiFi or WAP browser and you have the Internet Browser as your default, I can create a shortcut that specifically opens the browser of your choose regardless of the default set or forced by the BES policy for convenience.

Finally, if you just don't want to have to reconfigure after you reload OS or change devices the custom shortcuts reside on your device and look like every other application in your Applications list so unless you do something wrong they should backup and load back on when you upgrade your OS or use the Switch Device feature of the Desktop Manager.

Thanks for your questions and I hope this helps others that are wondering the same thing that gswarrior was wondering.

Regards,
    SIBION
    07-22-08 06:21 PM
    I love the custome web shortcuts I got from SIBION!

TD Ameritrade and PhotoBucket:

They work just as described and were made super fast! All for a grand total of $4! I wouldn't waste my time trying to do it myself for that price. I'll definately be ordering more.

Thanks SIBION!
    Last edited by srplummer; 08-21-08 at 01:15 PM.
    08-21-08 01:12 PM
    OK guys i know this thread was some time ago, but how do i create a shortcut for several links i am interested in. I tried the .axl, .jad, .cod zip file system, and got totally lost. can someone make the easy for me.
    12-19-08 02:03 AM
    Have Sibion make them for you. At $2 bucks a shortcut it is more than worth it and way better than Web Shortcuts.
    12-19-08 10:22 AM
    I had one made for my bold just to try it out and it works beautifully. For the price its defenitely worth it! I'll be going back myself for a few more!
    12-19-08 04:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD