Yesterday I upgraded the Viigo and WSJ Reader versions that were installed on my Bold 9000.

Each upgrade prompted me to Reboot the Bold, and each was permitted to do it's thing to complete its respective installation procedure.

A few hours later, w/o any other modifications to the device, I noticed that the custom Profile I created several weeks earlier, which I use every day during the daytime, was gone!?

The device is never in anyone else's hands and was not tampered with in any fashion.

Has anyone else here on Crackberry experienced a disappearing Profile?
    02-10-09 07:03 PM
    Upgraded WSJ app last night and it changed all the settings on my profiles. Didn't notice until I received a couple of emails and had a missed call...wasn't alerted to either.
    02-10-09 11:08 PM
    I upgraded the WSJ app on top of old one and lost my profile settings and even lost my Browser Icon and received various error msgs upon rebooting. After several battery removals and no success along with continued error msgs I used the DM to uninstall the WSJ app and everything was restored to normal. Then I went onto the Internet thru the Blackberry home browser and redownloaded the WSJ app again. (brave huh!) This time it installed perfectly and no asking for reboot. All is well! Yes!
    02-11-09 08:26 PM
    I upgraded the WSJ app on top of old one and lost my profile settings and even lost my Browser Icon and received various error msgs upon rebooting. After several battery removals and no success along with continued error msgs I used the DM to uninstall the WSJ app and everything was restored to normal. Then I went onto the Internet thru the Blackberry home browser and redownloaded the WSJ app again. (brave huh!) This time it installed perfectly and no asking for reboot. All is well! Yes!
    Very interesting findings! What OS build are you running. I'm running AT&T current production build .167 . Next time, I might try the WSJ Reader desktop upgrade and install route, as rebuilding my custom profile was a pure waste of time.
    02-11-09 11:31 PM
    I had the exact same problem happen. Installed the latest update to the WSJ Reader and all of my profiles that I had customized were reverted to some awful, blank config. I nearly lost my mind because this has happened once before and now I know why (though the last time, I reconfigured all the profiles' settings). This time, I am uninstalling the WSJ Reader and hoping that everything reverts back to my settings.
    02-13-09 12:09 PM
    I have the same problem as well.

Tried everything and nothing seems to be working. Does anyone know how I can backup my profiles settings using DM?

I hate having to change all my profile setting every time I upgrade my OS.

Thanks in advance.
    02-13-09 12:25 PM
    Okay, the uninstallation of the WSJ Reader did NOT yield fruit. I am now in the process of reconfiguring my profiles. Undisputed asks a great question: Is there a way to backup and then restore only profiles? The option to do so appeared to be greyed out in DM.
    02-13-09 02:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD