is there an App to give EACH contact their OWN LED color?.. i have BeBuzz, but i dont think i can find it or see it... BeBuzz only allows you to custom color the categories...
    10-30-09 08:31 AM
    You want to get SmartAlerts with that. It will allow you to assign custom colours to people.
    10-30-09 08:58 AM
    Hi NycDito,

Our best selling application called Color ID will allow you to set LED color combinations for individual contacts and groups of contacts alike. It will blink when you receive an SMS, phonecall or email. Below is a link to download the free version which gives you 2 free contacts to start with. There is no "trial" period so use it as long as you like. If you find that 2 contacts are not enough, you can hit the upgrade button in the application to get the full paid version. The paid version removes the 2 contact restriction for an unlimited number of color combinations for any number of contacts.

Let me know if you have any more questions about the app!

Color ID FREE - LED Status Light Customizer for Email, Incoming Calls and SMS - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store

Nige
    10-30-09 09:35 AM
    GREAT..thank you both!
    10-30-09 01:30 PM
    I have Color ID and love it. Works better for me to know who's contacting me rather than the method.Plus the customer service is awesome!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-09 10:37 PM
    I truly love the idea of Color ID. But when I got a trial version of it, I realized how useless it is to me. My BlackBerry is almost always in my pocket, meaning I can't see the LED. Sure, I could then look at the LED color, but, to me, it's just more useful to go ahead and unlock the device and just read the message.

But I really did like the app. And to be honest, I probably would use it still if it didn't cause problems for BuzzMe pro, which I find more useful. I'd love to be able to distinguish further between normal texts, and texts from services like twitter and facebook (that's basically the only reason I got the app). So it is a great app, it just didn't work perfectly for me.
    10-30-09 10:43 PM
    Talk about screwing someone out of a buck, holy ****!!! The cost for the upgrade is out of the world, not to mention there is a .50 cent service charge for downloading. I mean like wtf, who the **** charges for downloading?

This is a total rippoff IMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi NycDito,

Our best selling application called Color ID will allow you to set LED color combinations for individual contacts and groups of contacts alike. It will blink when you receive an SMS, phonecall or email. Below is a link to download the free version which gives you 2 free contacts to start with. There is no "trial" period so use it as long as you like. If you find that 2 contacts are not enough, you can hit the upgrade button in the application to get the full paid version. The paid version removes the 2 contact restriction for an unlimited number of color combinations for any number of contacts.

Let me know if you have any more questions about the app!

Color ID FREE - LED Status Light Customizer for Email, Incoming Calls and SMS - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store

Nige
    10-31-09 03:25 AM
    We are giving away the core component of our software for free with no time limit restriction. We don't (and never will) force you to upgrade to the full version. SmartAlerts and Color ID are both similarly priced at $5-$6 (although you need to purchase BeBuzz in addition to SmartAlerts to have the same functionality). We are constantly updating and optimizing the app, and when we release a new version, we don't charge you any money to update your free or paid version. We also offer full customer support for any of our apps (whether you paid for it or not, it makes no difference) All of this costs us money. If we didn't sell a full version of Color ID, we wouldn't even exist. Ask any app developer and they will give you a similar answer.

passtheboll10, thanks for taking the time to write your feedback! It is comments like yours that help us improve our apps
    10-31-09 11:48 AM
    I have Color ID and love it. Works better for me to know who's contacting me rather than the method.Plus the customer service is awesome!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks for your feedback too h.d.r.!

Nige
    11-02-09 10:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD