I am trying to create a user account for Slacker on my Verizon 8330 Curve, and I get the following message when I try to register an acount:

"The application slacker_mobiloe has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT policy."

Anyone else have this issue?
    01-08-09 03:36 PM
    Your BES admin has it blocked. Either they allow you to have it or you go without.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-09 03:47 PM
    Thanks for the repy.

It is my personal phone, and I do not use BES. Could it be a Verizon service issue?
    01-08-09 03:57 PM
    I think it may be within your settings. When you installed it, did you get a pair of security questions? One pertaining to location info & the other for phone info. If you didn't answer yes to both, it won't work. If you did answer yes on both, you may need to change a phone setting.

I am on VZW & have no trouble with it.

01-08-09 04:39 PM
    I think it may be within your settings. When you installed it, did you get a pair of security questions? One pertaining to location info & the other for phone info. If you didn't answer yes to both, it won't work. If you did answer yes on both, you may need to change a phone setting.

I am on VZW & have no trouble with it.

I remember selecting one option box and another was already selected, but I do not recall answering any questions. I am deleting the app and trying a reinstall.

Thanks
    01-08-09 04:47 PM
    After you reinstall go into Options>advanced>applications and select the Slacker app, check the permissions and make sure they are all set to allow. If all else fails goto slacker.com on a computer and register there.
    01-08-09 05:15 PM
    Hello.

I'm new to these forums so someone please correct me if I'm in the wrong place. I have a 8320 curve w/ TMobile on the Enterprise Server which my IT dept as blocked all internet radio sites. I connected to a Slacker online chat & asked for a pc file that I could install through the desktop manager. They sent me a slacker_mobile.jad file that neither windows nor the desktop manager can open or install.

Any help/suggestions?

Thanks!
    01-08-09 05:33 PM
    I get the same IT policy message. All permissions are set to allow. The only way it works is when I disable my firewall. And I'm a little leary running without it.

01-10-09 04:45 PM
    I'm having the opposite problem. I installed Slacker but I found it to run too slowly on my 8320, so I wanted to remove it. Now when I try with the DM, I uncheck the application and it rechecks itself. I can't remove it. Is there another method I should be using to get rid of it?
    01-10-09 07:10 PM
    On your phone.

Options > Advanced Options > Applications ... scroll to Slacker > Menu > Delete
    01-10-09 07:28 PM
    I'm having the same problem. I believe that I have tried everything including wiping the phone but it's not working. I knew that I should have never gotten involved with BES on my personal Blackberry because even though I'm not still on it, I seem to still have issues.
    01-11-09 04:09 PM
    I want Slacker off my phone too. I got it off the device but it is still all over my micro sd....even after I uninstalled it.
    01-11-09 04:42 PM
    Hi people, im having a similar prob and i need help! i just downloaded slacker on my bb pearl and i tried making an acct on it and it just says 'error creating account.'. what should i do??? thanks in advance
    01-15-09 01:57 PM
    With the errors, try doing a full reboot of your phone.

01-16-09 11:03 AM
    On your phone.

Options > Advanced Options > Applications ... scroll to Slacker > Menu > Delete
    i have tried this but it still shows up when i connect with destop manager
    02-11-09 11:57 AM
    Delete from your phone, then delete the Slacker sync app and Slacker folder from your SD card.
    02-11-09 12:26 PM
    That's how I set mine up as well. Other than an initial false start, I've had no problems with Slacker.
    02-11-09 12:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD