I am ashamed to admit I was lured to the droid world but the thrill didn't last long, unfortunately long enough that I couldn't return the phone. I happily went back to my curve 8330 (I cannot buy a new one til next year) & have been dancing ever since. Never again will I make that mistake!! Question is: can I use app world w/this older bb?
    08-03-11 12:36 PM
    Yup, I have use a BB 8330m and the app world works just fine! I similarly switched to Android due to hype. The apps were cool and all, but it failed with the basics (battery life, email was meh, and the phone would lag while I tried to answer an incoming call). Came back to my trusty Curve and am still loving it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    mysticislemom likes this.
    08-03-11 12:59 PM
    yes, app world works just fine on my BB 8330. I just have never liked the browswer on this phone. I also tried an Android...(Charge)...and fought with it all weekend to get the contacts to sync properly without duplicating contacts. Long story but I discovered this is inherent problem with Android. Of course, I returned it and just went back to my 8330. Can't wait for Verizon to release new BB phones!!
    08-03-11 03:44 PM
    I clicked on the bb app world icon, downloaded software & got this message;

Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support BlackBerry App World

Why would the app be there if its not supported? How do I fix this?

Before I switched back I downloaded angry birds for my son so now he has his own to play it. About the only thing those droids are good for...LOL

08-03-11 05:09 PM
    LOL my Samsung Moment couldn't even handle Angry Birds..... The app would load but would render all wonky and play in SUPER slow-mo

08-03-11 10:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD