It sure does I just noticed that a few hours ago.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-10 01:10 AM
    It works fine the only problem I have is it sends these unknown messages and I have no idea what they mean ...

04-03-10 08:03 AM
    Question for people that use the app: When you send a message over 160 char. it sends as separate messages automatically? Like beyond160 did? Or does it send as a MMS? Thanks.

It will split the message up into separate messages depending on how long your message is

04-03-10 10:26 AM
    sweet, i had been looking for a free 160+ char, sms app. i tried it last night, but didnt get around to trying, long strings of verbatem. is there anyway to change the bubble style, thats the only thing that put me off about it.
    04-03-10 10:55 AM
    I tried this app out the other day, never heard of it before now. It does what it says and works great. The only thing that turns me off however, like the user above is the bubble style. I'd prefer more customization options other than colors of the bubbles etc. To allow for more simple rectangle style bubbles or whatever else comes to mind.
    04-06-10 05:03 PM
    Keep in mind that they are continuously making changes and improving the app. As I said earlier in the thread you can always shoot them an email with suggestions and stuff. I've emailed them a few times and they respond quickly at night(I'm in NJ and I believe they are in australia). Whenever I announced a problem or anything they usually updated the version pretty quickly.

04-06-10 05:20 PM
    Keep in mind that they are continuously making changes and improving the app. As I said earlier in the thread you can always shoot them an email with suggestions and stuff. I've emailed them a few times and they respond quickly at night(I'm in NJ and I believe they are in australia). Whenever I announced a problem or anything they usually updated the version pretty quickly.

One of the upcoming improvements they mentioned will be the ability to initiate sms from the phone book.
    04-06-10 05:29 PM
    Just downloaded it and it works fine.
    04-06-10 06:05 PM
    Nice, free app. However, I am unable to change the conversation style colors available through Options. i already emailed the developer about this. I tried moving the trackball while selecting one of the color channels (for example, Red) and I also tried typing in a different number. In both cases, I couldn't change anything.

ETA: OK, I guess you have to use Alt + roll to change the colors. That is not exactly intuitive.
    04-07-10 10:00 AM
    Hey everyone! Maybe I am being an utter MORON but how in the world do you get your contact name appear rather than their phone number through Crunch SMS?

Any help would be much appreciated! THANKS!
    04-07-10 12:29 PM
    Hey everyone! Maybe I am being an utter MORON but how in the world do you get your contact name appear rather than their phone number through Crunch SMS?

Any help would be much appreciated! THANKS!
    How'd you get it to only show their numbers?? Just do the opposite of that!! Seriously though, the only thing I can think of is that you have encryption enabled (options>security options>encryption) on your contacts. Good luck!

04-07-10 02:15 PM
    Just thought of something else... Try going into options>applications>crunchsms>edit permissions and reset to default settings.

04-07-10 02:32 PM
    Alright, I answered a few questions, but now I have one...

Are you guys getting this to work with either BerryBuzz (custom color LED) and/or sound alerts? I have the latest version of crunchSMS, and I have my usual SMS program "blocked" and all alerts for it turned off. I see there is a "crunchSMS" entry in my "Alerts" page to put a sound or LED on it. But everytime I try to attach a sound alert to crunchSMS, I save it on, and it turns itself off.

Would I be better off trying to setup the sound alert for my usual SMS program (and just view it through crunchSMS), or will that not work either b/c I have the BB SMS program blocked?
    04-07-10 03:30 PM
    Alright, I answered a few questions, but now I have one...

Are you guys getting this to work with either BerryBuzz (custom color LED) and/or sound alerts? I have the latest version of crunchSMS, and I have my usual SMS program "blocked" and all alerts for it turned off. I see there is a "crunchSMS" entry in my "Alerts" page to put a sound or LED on it. But everytime I try to attach a sound alert to crunchSMS, I save it on, and it turns itself off.

Would I be better off trying to setup the sound alert for my usual SMS program (and just view it through crunchSMS), or will that not work either b/c I have the BB SMS program blocked?
    There isn't an option for crunchSMS within BerryBuzz...but BuzzMe Pro works with it. I forgot to add, although you can set a color LED for crunch with BuzzMe, the annoying thing is the light will continue to flash even if you check the messages until you open the native sms app. I wish the developers could fix this. The same happens with this app and 3jam.
    Last edited by Iluvbb; 04-07-10 at 04:30 PM.
    04-07-10 04:03 PM
    Storm,
    Here is my take on your questions.
    1) The developers of BerryBuzz have to add CrunchSMS to their program. When you go to your options screen and scroll to BerryBuzz, the items shown there are the only ones BerryBuzz can monitor. It would be nice if BerryBuzz could give developers a way to plug into their program.
    2) When you set the alert sound for CrunchSMS are you using the "Normal" sound profile? If so, that profile has a problem saving changes. I am using the "Medium" profile with modified settings and they all save fine.
    3) Setting the alerts for your native SMS won't help since it is blocked. The notification never gets through to the app.
    04-07-10 07:43 PM
    Only like two of my contacts appear in when trying to send a message, anyway to fix this?
    04-08-10 08:27 AM
    Storm,
    Here is my take on your questions.
    1) The developers of BerryBuzz have to add CrunchSMS to their program. When you go to your options screen and scroll to BerryBuzz, the items shown there are the only ones BerryBuzz can monitor. It would be nice if BerryBuzz could give developers a way to plug into their program.
    2) When you set the alert sound for CrunchSMS are you using the "Normal" sound profile? If so, that profile has a problem saving changes. I am using the "Medium" profile with modified settings and they all save fine.
    3) Setting the alerts for your native SMS won't help since it is blocked. The notification never gets through to the app.
    Thank you for the detailed response. I was pretty sure on #3, but thought I'd ask.

On #2, the device came to me set up on "Medium", and I changed it to "Normal" for some reason. It will be a little work to switch it over, but I have noticed what you're talking about. Might be nice to revisit my settings anyway.

The descriptor "crunchSMS" doesn't tell you if it makes a sound for new messages specifically, but I assume that's what it does. If I can get it to flash red and make a sound, that's good enough for me. I can use BerryBuzz to change whatever alert I had previously set to red LED.

Thanks.
    04-08-10 09:54 AM
    I was using crunchSMS, but with their last update it's no longer working. I get the "outofmemory" error. I have tried to talk to crunch about it and they recommended a couple things that didn't work and I asked for more help and they said they didn't know what else to do. Any Crackberry geniuses out there know what I need to do to fix the problem?
    04-16-10 02:51 PM
    I had some problems and I did a backup, data wipe, reinstalled my stuff, and all my problems went away.

04-16-10 02:54 PM
    I am backing up my device now. Can you tell me how to do a memory wipe....I am a novice at this!
    04-16-10 03:11 PM
    Just picked it up from AppWorld & its at vers 2.4. I'm gonna fiddle w/it.
    04-16-10 03:15 PM
    Options > security > general settings > blackberry button, select wipe handheld. Unless your 3rd party apps are backed up, make sure you don't include those in the wipe.
    You'll have to reregister all your apps and all that.

04-16-10 03:16 PM
    SCrid, Thanks for your suggestions, but unfortunately it didn't work....same error as before. If you or anyone else has any other suggestions for the "outofmemoryerror" with crunchSMS I would appreciate it. I really enjoyed this app while it worked
    Last edited by fakesleep; 04-16-10 at 04:31 PM.
    04-16-10 03:58 PM
    To the poster who asked about composing a message: I have immediate access to contacts within the app by typing the contact name in the To field. I can then select the name from a pop up list.

06-03-10 07:46 AM
    I liked crunchsms on my old 8320 but what possible use is it with phones that already has threaded sms by having os5 ?
    06-03-10 09:01 AM
101 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD