do you have to change any options to use this app?
    04-01-10 10:28 PM
    do you have to change any options to use this app?
    Firewall sms so you dont get double notifications.

just that and you can set the tone for the app if you wish
    04-01-10 10:30 PM
    Firewall sms so you dont get double notifications.

just that and you can set the tone for the app if you wish
    ok thanks!!goin to give it a try. i have threaded messaging is this the same.
    04-01-10 10:52 PM
    Does this application, or will this application ever have a "email chat/conversation" option such as 3jam has. Those familiar with 3jam will know what I'm talking about. I use it to archive all my sms to my email....

Thanks,

Blaine

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-10 10:56 PM
    I am getting the same Java errors. They just release 2.4. I hope that fixes it.
    04-01-10 11:02 PM
    Update works well for me, would love to be able to email/backup conversations though.
    04-01-10 11:14 PM
    i don't like how you have to push the trackball in to send message.i'm use to hitting enter.can that be changed?thanks
    04-02-10 08:54 AM
    i don't like how you have to push the trackball in to send message.i'm use to hitting enter.can that be changed?thanks
    Options|Settings|Enter sends Message, select Yes.
    04-02-10 10:17 AM
    Does anyone else want the option to have a time stamp with every message? I personally like to have a sense of time regarding when each of the previous messages were sent and received, which is provided in the native messages app. However, since I have a device that will never get OS 5.0, this is my only option for free threaded SMS... so this is the only feature that keeps the app from perfection in my opinion.
    04-02-10 11:23 AM
    Does anyone else want the option to have a time stamp with every message? I personally like to have a sense of time regarding when each of the previous messages were sent and received, which is provided in the native messages app. However, since I have a device that will never get OS 5.0, this is my only option for free threaded SMS... so this is the only feature that keeps the app from perfection in my opinion.
    You can always select the message and click "get message details" that will show you the time that it was received.
    04-02-10 11:28 AM
    Hello I hear you guys all talking about new and old versions, I have 2 questions:

1. How are you able to downgrade CrunchSMS through Blackberry App World? I only see one version available to me (2.3).

2. I do not see CrunchSMS v2.4 available in Blackberry App World. Only 2.3 How are you guys getting the newest version?

Thanks!
    Last edited by blackcracka; 04-02-10 at 11:31 AM. Reason: clarity
    04-02-10 11:31 AM
    You can always select the message and click "get message details" that will show you the time that it was received.
    True, but ideally for me the information would be available at a glance. It already provides a time stamp, but only if it has been more than 15 minutes since the last message in that conversation was sent or received (I emailed them about this, and they provided that information along with the fact that they disagree with my desire for having the information available at a glance). Since the app already does this, it can't be hard to offer an option to allow the time stamp for all messages.
    04-02-10 11:32 AM
    Hello I hear you guys all talking about new and old versions, I have 2 questions:

1. How are you able to downgrade CrunchSMS through Blackberry App World? I only see one version available to me (2.3).

2. I do not see CrunchSMS v2.4 available in Blackberry App World. Only 2.3 How are you guys getting the newest version?

Thanks!
    2. The more direct way to obtain crunchSMS would be through their website. The changelog is located here, which I just bookmark and check every so often. crunchSMS - Change Log It even has an RSS feed that you can subscribe to so you never have to check yourself!
    You can navigate to the Install button on top, which has an OTA install link. This is definitely the fastest way to keep up with the newest version, direct from the source rather than waiting for appworld to approve the app, etc.
    Last edited by tbhuang2; 04-02-10 at 11:44 AM.
    04-02-10 11:37 AM
    I am sooooo mad I just found out about this !!! I downloaded it and I lovvvveeee it .. The only problem I am having is if you go to you phone book and hit send sms it will take you to the old one ... I wonder if there is a way to get around that ... Other than that I am enjoying this

04-02-10 01:44 PM
    I am sooooo mad I just found out about this !!! I downloaded it and I lovvvveeee it .. The only problem I am having is if you go to you phone book and hit send sms it will take you to the old one ... I wonder if there is a way to get around that ... Other than that I am enjoying this

Only way to get around that....click new message from inside crunchsms
    04-02-10 01:54 PM

The only problem I am having is if you go to you phone book and hit send sms it will take you to the old one
    Ya, need to get in the habit of using the app to start a message

It does have some limitations. When you block sms you dont get notifications in bar, that's a shame. Spell check a no go, another big shame.

messages don't appear on home screen if you have a theme set for that

These may be part of the blackberry API limitations though.

Other then that it works well enough. I found empower and 3jam way too heavy and slow. And $20 for 3jam is absurd. Unfortunate so many blackberry apps are way over priced. One thing droid and iphone have going is low cost apps.

But for free and with the support, this is a pretty awesome little app.
    04-02-10 02:30 PM
    I installed it last night and am impressed with it so far. At first, I was thinking that maybe I should just stick w/ the native 5.0 SMS because I have my most frequently used contacts in QuickLaunch w/shortcuts. But I can still use those shortcuts (spacebar+letter) to start a thread with the native SMS and then receive and send all the subsequent texts through Crunch.
    Very nice app!
    04-02-10 02:53 PM
    This app is great!! I finally read up on SMS apps, because I always thought you would still get native SMS messages sent to you. I didn't know you could block incoming SMS messages via the firewall, that's awesome! And I love the color customization.
    04-02-10 05:35 PM
    Just wondering before I get this baby if I'll the led indicator will still notifiy me when I get a text or email?

Thanks in advance
    04-02-10 06:40 PM
    Just wondering before I get this baby if I'll the led indicator will still notifiy me when I get a text or email?

Thanks in advance
    Yes just. Go to profiles and set it up on there crunch sms. Notifications

04-02-10 06:47 PM
    Yes just. Go to profiles and set it up on there crunch sms. Notifications

Thanks ZedRight.
    04-02-10 07:04 PM
    I just downloaded it.. I love it. Thanks for your help
    04-02-10 08:22 PM
    Wonder if developer is on crackberry. Would be cool to give/get input. See what he plans and what can/cant be implemented...
    04-02-10 09:05 PM
    Wonder if developer is on crackberry. Would be cool to give/get input. See what he plans and what can/cant be implemented...
    You can always just email them, they answer pretty quickly. But they are located in australia I believe so it will take a while depending on what time you email them

04-02-10 09:16 PM
    Question for people that use the app: When you send a message over 160 char. it sends as separate messages automatically? Like beyond160 did? Or does it send as a MMS? Thanks.
    04-03-10 12:59 AM
101 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD