Love the apps but I have a few quirks with it.

1) Homescreen dialing: Maybe I'm the only one who does this, but I'll generally type Joseph, then BB button, SMS Joseph... which takes me to regular SMS, not Crunch.

2. I also have some SMS Tim, etc. in my Quicklaunch, which takes me to the regular SMS.

3. Annd finally, when i backup with this, will my inbox be backed up even if i "Block incoming SMS messages"? or will they get lost forever?
    03-31-10 12:26 AM
    Qsms works. I think backed up sms would be lost, but I don't know for sure.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-10 03:11 PM
    One of the best apps to come along in quite some time.....
    It is for sure. Working very well now. Tons of updates the last week or so. 5.0 is not slowing developer down at all. Commendable. App world is way behind, not sure why. But site has changelog and updates.

This simply blows all the paid threaded apps away. And they are way over priced and bulky. 3jam and empower were just awful. And stupid expensive for the purpose.

I'm on 4.5 currently so its extra great, but even on my bold 5.0 I would prefer the look of crunch. Sooner out of the gate [Before 5.0] and developer could have made out very well with this app. And free is always cool on such a great app.
    04-01-10 09:43 AM
    It is for sure. Working very well now. Tons of updates the last week or so. 5.0 is not slowing developer down at all. Commendable. App world is way behind, not sure why. But site has changelog and updates.

This simply blows all the paid threaded apps away. And they are way over priced and bulky. 3jam and empower were just awful. And stupid expensive for the purpose.

I'm on 4.5 currently so its extra great, but even on my bold 5.0 I would prefer the look of crunch. Sooner out of the gate [Before 5.0] and developer could have made out very well with this app. And free is always cool on such a great app.
    This app is great, and the near constant support for it is very encouraging. Just over the past few weeks we've seen customization features added, emoticons, etc.

Has anyone figured out how to get this to work with BerryBuzz yet? I think I'm on ver. 1.22, and I can get an audible alert to work with it and there's the default red LED. But I don't have the option in the BerryBuzz menu to set up crunchSMS as custom color.

Granted, it's so much better than the default SMS I don't really care, but it would be nice to have the proper alerts. Great app.
    04-01-10 10:08 AM
    Woah, now it says version "2.3"? That can't be right, right? Downloading...
    04-01-10 10:11 AM
    It IS right. Here's the update log from 1.23 through the current 2.3:

Version 2.3
    1 April 2010
    Fixed issue where emoticon would be recognized inside a URL.
    When the sender is an email address, you can now email them from the menu.
    Avoid "The application has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall" prompt.
    Version 2.2
    31 March 2010
    Fixed issue that sometimes prevented receiving SMS messages.
    Added workaround for BlackBerry bug on Storm (and maybe others) where the home icon would not update correctly to show/hide the asterisk.
    When you compose a new text, you can now hit the Enter key to select a contact.
    Doesn't truncate the date/time in Message Details, even when a large font size is configured.
    Hide Send button when "Enter Sends Message" is on.
    Version 2.1
    26 March 2010
    Fixed contact matching when sender is an email address.
    Better error reporting.
    When you insert a smiley on a Storm, the cursor now stays put.
    Version 2.0
    25 March 2010
    Support for OS 4.5!
    Version 1.25
    23 March 2010
    When adding a contact, crunch first asks what kind of number (mobile, work, etc).
    Added "Open Event Log" option in Options screen.
    You can now add a phone number to the address list directly from an SMS message!
    The selected conversation stays selected as much as possible when e.g. a message comes in.
    Version 1.24
    22 March 2010
    Added ability to forward a message.
    Contacts should now always be seen properly, even after syncing with the desktop. Also, fixes the names on existing conversations to match the contacts list.
    Ignore MMS related messages better.
    04-01-10 10:23 AM
    Qsms works. I think backed up sms would be lost, but I don't know for sure.

How are you getting this app to work with Qsms? When I use the Q shortcut, it opens up the native sms, btw I'm using the latest version 2.3
    04-01-10 10:29 AM
    My bad, I meant that qsms still works. It doesn't open crunchsms though.

04-01-10 10:33 AM
    My bad, I meant that qsms still works. It doesn't open crunchsms though.

Oh...okay, well that's a bomber..I have to have my Q shortcut

04-01-10 10:36 AM
    Do you need to firewall standard SMS to get this app to handle the messages?
    04-01-10 10:51 AM
    Anyone else getting this error? Just download this and after a few messages i got this error. Sent a copy of the event to the developer. I am running it on a Curve 8330m with version .186.
    04-01-10 12:22 PM
    Yup. Same device. I emailed them, then went back to 2.2 via app world. It's working fine.

04-01-10 12:24 PM
    Will try 2.2 till it's fixed. Thanks for the tip.
    04-01-10 12:34 PM
    ma zugio les noro <a href="zugioroz com">zugioroz</a> zugioroz com]zugioroz zugioroz com
    04-01-10 12:38 PM
    Alright so, I downloaded the app today after a friend told me about it but not all of my contacts show up there. More like only 2 of my 100 or so contacts show up when I type in any letters. Is this an error or the way the app is set up? Also I have "only mobile contacts" set to no

Edit** Also I'm running it an a Curve 2
    04-01-10 02:27 PM
    Works great, until I get a Java error. Uninstalled.
    04-01-10 03:10 PM
    2.2 working great.
    Do they have an update option instead of re downloading?
    Is 2.3 without any issues?
    04-01-10 03:40 PM
    2.2 working great.
    Do they have an update option instead of re downloading?
    Is 2.3 without any issues?
    2.3 is giving me java errors. Sure a fix will be soon, but wish I kept 2.2 handy

But again, I assume an update is short wait. I would stay with 2.2 if its working for you
    04-01-10 04:30 PM
    2.3 is giving me java errors. Sure a fix will be soon, but wish I kept 2.2 handy

But again, I assume an update is short wait. I would stay with 2.2 if its working for you
    I have deleted my BB messenger and turned of notifications inside the SMS/MMS folder, so now all my SMS come directly into the crunchSMS folder.

So the question is: How do I get it to show notifications on the top bar like it does for email messages and missed calls?
    04-01-10 04:49 PM
    Great App. Reads the incoming SMS perfectly into the bluetooth when Vlingo safereader is on.
    04-01-10 05:05 PM
    I have deleted my BB messenger and turned of notifications inside the SMS/MMS folder, so now all my SMS come directly into the crunchSMS folder.

So the question is: How do I get it to show notifications on the top bar like it does for email messages and missed calls?
    You can't, I believe.

And if anyone wants to go back to 2.2 because of java errors in 2.3, you can get 2.2 via app world.

04-01-10 05:49 PM
    already updated to fix 2.4 on site

damn thats development...
    04-01-10 06:32 PM
    Thanks for all the info!! I got tired of waiting for empower sms to upgrade to 5.0 os. This app works great!
    04-01-10 06:56 PM
    this app rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 9 of my friends downloaded it and they all say its the best app they have...thanks again for crunchsms
    04-01-10 08:45 PM
    I love this app. I'm now using it instead of Empower Threaded SMS, which I paid for.
    It works much better.
    04-01-10 10:09 PM
101 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD