Alright, So CrunchSMS is a free SMS texting app, that changes the UI for texting on a blackberry. I followed their instructions to get it to use your contacts in CrunchSMS. "options -> security -> encryption -> disabled"

unfortunately it will only locate like 5 contacts, so any SMS that I received from someone, will show up as just their Phone#. Pain in the ***, because I have to cross reference the number with my saved contacts.

So i noticed if I remove a contact and then re-add that contact in the blackberry, CrunchSMS will notice that change and instead of showing there Phone# it will show the contact name. Exactly what I am looking for.....

So instead of manually doing that for my 90+ contacts, I decided to back up my contacts, wipe my phone. Install a base .591 OS, download CrunchSMS from app world. Once that was setup, I rebooted the phone, and then restored my Contacts. Thinking it would be the same as manually re-adding the contacts.

Still nothing, only 5 contacts will show up or I can have more show up, if i delete the contact and re add.... I am currently out of ideas, i like the UI for CrunchSMS and don't want to give it up, but i may have to. Does anyone have any ideas, or suggestions.. Please

Thanks
    05-16-10 09:40 AM
    I am having a similar problem. i have two contact lists: my enterprise contact list and my gmail contact list that is sync'd ota. if a contact from my enterprise list texts me then the name shows up but if a contact from my gmail texts me then just the number shows up. is there any way to fix this?

sorry i couldnt help you with your problem...only added to it
    05-17-10 11:24 AM
    shot in the dark, would be to make sure the encryption is set to allow contacts or disabled all together...... I am synched with Gmail.. i wonder if that might be my issue...
    05-17-10 11:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD