This is my first Blackberry so I'm totally new to all of this, so I apologize if my questions are "stupid" I have a Blackberry Bold 9700 with OS 5.1

1) I downloaded the crunchsms application (v 2.17) & so far like it. I put my Bbm + Crunchsms into one folder. However when I get a crunch text the red asterisk notifcation doesnt appear on the folder. It does appear when I get a new bbm though, and the crunchsms icon itself does get the asterisk too. I was just wondering how to get the asterisk notication to come up on the folder itself so I can keep both apps in 1 folder.

2) The facebook app doesnt auto-sync anything. It synced everything the first time I downloaded it, but when I add new contacts or get new events on fb (that I check via a computer), it's not updated anywhere in my Blackberry. I do have everything 'ticked' correctly in Options. I even tried deleting the fb app & installing it again but it didnt even delete my fb calendar or reset my contact's pictures. I also did try removing it from my Service Book & DM.

3) I have a wireless internet connection at home & I connected to it on my Blackberry. When I am connected to it at home, does it mean when I browse the internet on my Blackberry browser I'm NOT using any data on my data plan vs when I'm browsing the internet somewhere else? (I'm wi-fi dumb)
    09-02-10 02:35 PM
    Do you have a link for OS 5.1? I've only seen 5.0.0.862!
    (I'm sorry, I had be a smart a$$)

I can only answer your WiFi question, when you are connected at home or where ever wifi is available and the WiFi signal is white it will be data free for 75% of your usage.

Some programs do not work on WiFi, there is an updated list in the WiFi forums.

Enjoy your berry and welcom to the community!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-10 04:19 PM
    3) I have a wireless internet connection at home & I connected to it on my Blackberry. When I am connected to it at home, does it mean when I browse the internet on my Blackberry browser I'm NOT using any data on my data plan vs when I'm browsing the internet somewhere else? (I'm wi-fi dumb)
    When you have a Wifi connection, your BlackBerry can use it for a fast connection to BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS).

BIS is the host for Email, Messenger, Internet Browser and third party applications that use data.

It depends on your carrier, but Rogers/Fido count all data used by BIS, including Wifi.

There is a setting in Options / Advanced Option / Browser that allows you to select Hotspot Browser in place of Internet Browser. When Hotspot Browser is active, you bypass BIS for a direct internet connection. That does not use your data, but it only applies to the Browser.
    09-02-10 06:17 PM
    Lol, 5.1 is rounding
    1. There's no way to do it. It's cuz RIM made BBM, but crunchSMS is made by someone else.
    2. Yeah, FB does that. You'll just have to do it manually. As far as the calendar, go to options, advanced options, default services and make sure the default calendar isn't the facebook one.
    09-02-10 09:40 PM
    Lol, 5.1 is rounding
    1. There's no way to do it. It's cuz RIM made BBM, but crunchSMS is made by someone else.
    2. Yeah, FB does that. You'll just have to do it manually. As far as the calendar, go to options, advanced options, default services and make sure the default calendar isn't the facebook one.
    Ya I did make sure my default calendar one isnt the fb one. It dont even have any other calendar options except for my hotmail calendar, but my fb calendar still appears. Oh well, as long as it's not a Blackberry issue. Still very frustrating though
    09-03-10 08:04 PM
    In that case, open your calender, open options, and type rset. That should do it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-10 08:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD