Has anyone successfully tethered their iPod, or laptop using the CradlePoint PHS300 WiFi hotspot with your Tour using Verizon's new 5.0.0.591 OS? I'm having some trouble getting them connected. I know it can work with 4.7, but I'd really hate to downgrade from 5.0. Thanks -MB
    03-30-10 08:23 PM
    I have a CRT 350. Same thing basically. Cradlepoint released a software update about a month ago to support blackberry version 5.0. I think it's like .52 or something like that. You can either update through your setting menu on your cradlepoint router ,or you can go to cradlepoints website to download the update there. Make sure your software is up to date ,and it should work. I tether my tour with 5.0.484 with my crt350 and it works great. I haven't tried it yet with .591 but I am sure it works. So like I say update the software to the newest version and it should work. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-10 09:06 PM
    thanks I'll try updating and go from there. thanks again!
    03-30-10 09:55 PM
    question.. I have the blackberry tour with Verizon. I want to use it as a wifi hot spot. I know if i use my USB cable to my laptop i have to pay a monthly fee. I was looking to buy the ipad and need to make my phone into a wifi hotspot. Can i use CradlePoint PHS300 and plug it into my blackberry for free?? or does it require a monthly tethering fee form Verizon??
    04-15-10 06:35 PM
    Yes, you need a data plan, on top of the already set BB plan of $29.99/month. Verizon has a special on now, 5GB for $25/month. Not bad in my opinion. I too am trying to verify connection between the cradlepoint PHS300 and my Tour, but you can't get anywhere with it until you establish a data plan.
    05-04-10 12:47 PM
    Muffinboy - yes, I can confirm it works. Just did it and had absolutely no problems. Didn't check the firm/software version on the Cradlepoint, but it was just purchased within the last week. Can't want to get the i-pad now and hook that baby up!
    05-04-10 01:44 PM
    Am wondering if anyone has done this on Rogers network. Also when you connect to the device do you already have tethering setup with your cell provider or do you just enter in the info given from the cradlepoint site. I'm not sure how to setup tethering and how much it costs with Rogers. iPhones get free connection but BB don't so if it's going to cost me to connect then I think I'll pass. Does TM or Verizon charge for tethering?
    05-26-10 02:29 AM
    I just puchased my PHS300. I have a BB Bold 9650. My carrier is Verizon. I have the Tether App in my cell, so I can receive the internet anywhere with just my BB/Tether App and unlimited data plan $29.95. However I purchased the PHS300 because my goal is now to do the same thing o my iPad (3.2.2. firmware). I have heard I can achieve his with just the unlimited data plan and also conflicting stories saying I also need to establish a tether plan as well (approx. another $25-$30 month). I was wondering if I could get some advice from you all. I have to purchase a USB Modem since the ipad doesnt have a USB port. Can somebody who really knows their stuff tell me if I can achieve my goal of getting internet anywhere on my ipad (Bold 9650/cradlepoint PHS300/USB Modem) with just the unlimited data plan ($29,95) or do I also have to set up a tether plan (eg. 5GB Mo). Thank You all
    12-09-10 07:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD