Hi,

I have a weird problem. CrackUtil normally works, but it cannot take a screengrab of my current home screen.

Attempting a regular screen shot of my home screen causes CrackUtil to state 'taking screenshot' for a very long while until I give up and disconnect the device at which point CrackUtil terminates with a complaint that it can't locate the screenshot image file..

Last edited by flop; 02-25-10 at 10:41 PM.
    02-25-10 10:37 PM
    That's odd. BlackBerry MCP did that to me one night. The problem has since gone away. Try using that, or JL_cmder and see if either of them work for you. You could also use QuickLaunch or another app to take screenshots directly on the device. I don't remember the app everyone around her used to talk about for screenshots because I just use QuickLaunch, but I'm sure you could track down the free app relatively quickly if you go looking.
    02-25-10 10:40 PM
    Yeah I had one called ScreenGrab or similar (it added itself to the menu) but I deleted it because CrackUtil did the job (before)and I'll only upload the image from a PC anyway.
    02-25-10 10:42 PM
    After crashing many times and telling me my phone password is incorrect (it's empty) it decided to work. Weird.
    02-25-10 10:46 PM
    Yeah, I could be wrong, but I think it must be that JL_cmdr and CrackUtil leverage command line switches for the AppLoader, so maybe that's what's flaky and not CrackUtil. Might explain why we both had similar results using different programs, both of which randomly fixed themselves. I've also found most of the free 3rd party utilities like that to be more reliable than RIM's software where overlapping features are concerned!

Anyway, glad it's working for you now.
    02-25-10 10:59 PM
    Another free one on the phone is captureit by techmogul at thetechmogul.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-10 11:27 PM
    Another free one on the phone is captureit by techmogul at thetechmogul.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    There's the one I was trying to think of above. Thanks. I currently only have one QuickLaunch license but two BlackBerrys. I may have to grab one these freebies for the secondary phone.
    02-25-10 11:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD