is it working on BDM 5.0.1? i try many time but can't upgrade os #_#
    I'm using windows 7 32bit, BB 8520.
    Thanks.
    06-04-10 07:59 AM
    I have a problem, I can't find Desktop Manager 4.5 on the link you provided, only 4.6 or later. 5.0.1, which is the one I have, won't work with crackmem. I use Windows 7, by the way.
    06-05-10 11:26 PM
    I have a problem, I can't find Desktop Manager 4.5 on the link you provided, only 4.6 or later. 5.0.1, which is the one I have, won't work with crackmem. I use Windows 7, by the way.
    DM 5.0.1 will work with CrackMem. The problem may be Windows 7. What error message or failure are you seeing? If using Windows 7 results in the files being stored somewhere other than where they were in Vista and XP, then CrackMem won't be able to find the files on your PC. CrackMem is no longer supported by the developer, so if Windows 7 is the cause, you'll probably have to use a different program. Or move the files manually.
    06-06-10 07:35 AM
    You may need to disconnect from internet when you run Crackmem.
    06-15-10 09:21 AM
    CrackMem works with DM 5. Are you running CrackMem as Administrator. If not, CrackMem won't do anything even though it looks like it's running.
    06-15-10 09:30 AM
    Can I use this just to get rid of the voice dialer?
    06-16-10 07:08 PM
    Can I use this just to get rid of the voice dialer?
    Sure can. Do you have the current version of your BlackBerry's operating system on your PC?

WAPers do it With A Passion
    If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.
    Click Here To Be Banned
    It may look like I'm on my PC, but I'm WAPin' baby
    06-16-10 07:11 PM
    [QUOTE=BigBadWulf;5247035]Sure can. Do you have the current version of your BlackBerry's operating system on your PC?

I don't think so, I just backed up what ever what was on it.
    06-16-10 07:14 PM
    [QUOTE=Mar17;5247044]
    Sure can. Do you have the current version of your BlackBerry's operating system on your PC?

I don't think so, I just backed up what ever what was on it.
    CrackMem works by modifying your operating system on the PC, then running the installer in Desktop Manager you remove them from your device. There's several other ways to go about this, but I'll caution you, if you remove what you shouldn't, you may brick your device temporarily. You can either use CrackUtil, and there's a link in my guide here, or BBSAK, found here. They both will load your system that's currently on the device, and save the files you remove, so you can put them back if you take something out you shouldn't. You're looking fir only the files with "VAD" in them.

WAPers do it With A Passion
    At CrackBerry, I bring good search to life.
    Click Here To Be Banned*If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.
    06-16-10 07:26 PM
    Ok thanks, So i have to run either one of the programs you suggested just in case?
    06-16-10 07:33 PM
    Ok thanks, So i have to run either one of the programs you suggested just in case?
    You can follow the instructions for CrackMem, and it will work perfectly. It's designed for people who are prepping an OS for installation first and foremost. You'll need to install the exact OS you have on your phone now, or a newer one for it to work. I gave you a few easier alternatives, that will solve your problem safely. There's a program you can install on your phone as well, but one slip up, and you've nothing to fall back on.
    06-16-10 07:39 PM
    You can follow the instructions for CrackMem, and it will work perfectly. It's designed for people who are prepping an OS for installation first and foremost. You'll need to install the exact OS you have on your phone now, or a newer one for it to work. I gave you a few easier alternatives, that will solve your problem safely. There's a program you can install on your phone as well, but one slip up, and you've nothing to fall back on.
    Thanks, I read the crackmem tutourial, I just thought you just run the program and delete stuff you don't want I didn't know you have to do all that lol.

Thanks again, I'll give it a try.
    06-16-10 07:56 PM
    I know I'm likely messing up somewhere, but when I click DM from CrackMem, it pulls up DM, but it only shows a list of available updates. Is this what it's supposed to do?

Edit: Tried a second time. Install did not automatically start again.
    Last edited by Jaded_Pink; 07-20-10 at 09:06 PM.
    07-20-10 07:06 PM
    thanks! it helped me out a whole lot!!!
    07-28-10 07:44 PM
    any word of this works with a curve 8520? too many posts to go through lol
    08-20-10 02:39 PM
    any word of this works with a curve 8520? too many posts to go through lol
    CrackMem could not care less what device you use. What are you trying to accomplish?
    08-20-10 06:14 PM
    im trying to change to remove the splash screen from the old vendor on my now unlocked phone. can it work?
    08-22-10 12:41 PM
    No. The splash screen is in ROM and not changeable by CrackMem or any other tool available to users.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-10 12:59 PM
    Does this app really work? Thanks a lot.
    08-22-10 04:26 PM
    You're are going to have to be more specific. Of course the app works. Will it do what you want to do? We have no way of knowing unless you tell us.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-10 04:37 PM
    I just upgraded my OS to 5.0.0.822 on my 9000. I was able to successfully delete the sample pictures, as well as the sample video. This is something that I had not been able to do when using CrackMem to shrink previous 5.0 OSes.
    08-24-10 01:34 PM
    The "Wipe Device" function in this app: does it perform the same Wipe as you would get from the Options menu, or does this completely obliterate any traces of previous OSes? THanks.
    08-25-10 10:48 AM
    It's a low-level security wipe, just as you'd get through options. CrackUtil does either, and JL Cmnder does only a full.
    08-25-10 10:58 AM
    It's a low-level security wipe, just as you'd get through options. CrackUtil does either, and JL Cmnder does only a full.
    Thanks BadWulf.

Question, I just downloaded CrackUtil and used the Wipe Device File System option on my phone. However, it just reboots to Default Settings. Is this what this is supposed to do?
    08-25-10 01:39 PM
    Yes, that's the low-level. I believe the full wipe is WipeApplicationFiles, but it's been a while since I've used it.
    08-25-10 01:48 PM
1,625 ... 5960616263 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD