04-09-14 06:21 AM
1,625 ... 5253545556 ...
tools
    Yes. CrackMem will work perfectly well with OS 4.5 and your Pearl 8130.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks Jeff! I should have posted back that I got dareing after I posted and tried playing with it any ways. I do however notice that Aim and all that garbage is still there. Is it because it restores all my data after the upgrade? I'm kinda confused. I guess I did it wrong. So much for being a BlackBerry Noob.
    07-10-09 08:07 AM
    I just downloaded crackmem and it says "No operating systems could be found." I do have the desktop manager installed... im on os 4.5.0131
    07-13-09 12:11 AM
    You have to have your 8330's OS installed as an application on your PC before CrackMem can access it. You can find the latest version of your OS in a sticky at the top of the 8330 forum, or you can download it directly from Sprint. An OTA upgrade won't work: you have to have the 8330 OS installed on your PC. Download the .exe file to your PC, then double-click the .exe to install it. Then run CrackMem again.

The CrackMem help file is exceptionally well written and informtative. Be sure you review it when you start to use CrackMem. It will save you a lot of time and confusion.
    07-13-09 06:19 AM
    I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I downloaded the OS that I have on my phone onto my computer from the sprint website. Crackmem sees the os and i do confirm it and have checked the "remove google" box and it says action completed. Then i open DM and it doesn't make any change to my phone. I'm stuck

All i see in the "removed folder" is 8830-4.5.0.131_P3.4.0.25 clearly something is wrong...
    Last edited by B18c_tuner; 07-14-09 at 10:09 PM.
    07-13-09 04:07 PM
    Does anyone have any insights on Crackmem and the Tour?

Specifically, I'm using DM 5.0, which i'm pretty sure is part of the problem. Can DM 4.5 handle the Tour?

I've got my Tour's OS in my computer and Crackmem is picking it up fine. I'm disconnecting the Internet, selecting what I want to remove (Vendor file, VZ Navigator, Facebook, AIM, etc., etc.), Executing, closing Crackmem and firing up DM. it updates 4.5, I power down my blackberry, and everything is still there when i power up.

I realize that the Tour has been out for a freakin' day, and I should be a little more patient. I'm just curious at this point.

Thanks in advance!
    07-13-09 09:54 PM
    I saw an article on the front blog about DM 5.0 coming with the Tour. Didn't you get a CD. I can't imagine CrackMem working with the Tour at all.
    07-13-09 09:56 PM
    I have DM 5.0 from the CD, and took the OS off of Verizon's site. Crackmem dutifully finds the Tour's OS. It just doesn't work beyond that.
    07-13-09 10:01 PM
    Pete's still working out 4.6 kinks, the Tour just came out today.
    07-13-09 10:04 PM
    I have a 8900 on .250 and I'm trying to go to the official .231 and I was told that I need to use this to wipe the phone so then I could update in DM. I have it installed now what are the steps to wipe it safely?
    07-17-09 03:34 PM
    The VAD really pissed me off it would come up automatically every few seconds and i was unable to place or recieve calls this program really seemed to help so far thanks!!
    07-18-09 03:06 PM
    very very thk
    07-21-09 10:38 AM
    Does anyone have any insights on Crackmem and the Tour?

Specifically, I'm using DM 5.0, which i'm pretty sure is part of the problem. Can DM 4.5 handle the Tour?

I've got my Tour's OS in my computer and Crackmem is picking it up fine. I'm disconnecting the Internet, selecting what I want to remove (Vendor file, VZ Navigator, Facebook, AIM, etc., etc.), Executing, closing Crackmem and firing up DM. it updates 4.5, I power down my blackberry, and everything is still there when i power up.

I realize that the Tour has been out for a freakin' day, and I should be a little more patient. I'm just curious at this point.

Thanks in advance!
    It worked for removing the default pictures and I got it to remove the chat programs but they would come back.

Vznav and visual voicemail don't show up till you turn on the signal. So I don't know if they can be removed.

07-21-09 11:12 AM
    I followed your instructions (after least I thought I did) and after closing Desktop Manager and starting CrackMem v3.4 (with my STORM connected to the computer) there is no OS to choose from - the left side of the program has no OS listed.

Any idea what I might have done wrong?
    07-21-09 12:25 PM
    After you download the OS to your PC, you have to double-click the exe to install it on your PC before CrackMem can use it. Did you miss that step?

07-21-09 12:48 PM
    I have searched the forums for the link to DL CrackMem. I have searched CB for the application. Nothing. I cant seem to find it. Can someone post it? Is it free?
    07-23-09 09:31 AM
    I have searched the forums for the link to DL CrackMem. I have searched CB for the application. Nothing. I cant seem to find it. Can someone post it? Is it free?
    The very first post in this thread includes the link, and eevn shows you exactly where to find it... and yes, it is free!

Enjoy!
    07-23-09 09:44 AM
    So I have tried a couple of times now to get it to work on the new Tmobile 8900 curve OS .231. I go through all the steps and have used the crackmem before with great results. However now it doesn't seem to remove anything. I have reloaded and up dated every thing.
    Any one have any ideas on what I'm missing? I followed the directions to the T.
    07-26-09 01:11 AM
    I have used crackmem for a while with no problem, until now...

I impulsively/compulsively upgraded my desktop manager to version 5, and now when I use crackmem--for any changes at all--I lose the list of system software options in the desktop manager app loader. When I undo the crackmem changes and then re-run desktop manager, all is restored.

I've tried various things: battery pulls at different points in the process, etc. It's a real drag.

Any thoughts/advice?

Thanks

m
    07-29-09 07:40 AM
    Sounds like the crackmem is not compatible with DM 5.0
    07-29-09 07:50 AM
    Crack Mem des not find an operating system when I open the crack mem application.

I am running BB DM 4.5 and connect my BB and open DM and it recognizes my bb8330 ..Pin is correct. I then close DM but leave my phone connected as instructed and them on CM and the a small window opens and says no operating system found. Then CM opens and no operating system is listed..

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    08-01-09 04:10 PM
    Crack Mem des not find an operating system when I open the crack mem application.
    You have to have your BlackBerry OS installed on your PC for CrackMem to use it. Download the same version you have on your phone. Double-click the .exe. That will install it on your PC. Then CrackMem and the DM App Loader can use it.
    08-01-09 04:16 PM
    okay, stupid question, how do I download the os to my computer? I obviously have it cause I upgraded my phone to the latest os with my computer!
    thanks!!
    08-01-09 08:11 PM
    The simple answer is to go here: Verizon BlackBerry Software Updates and download the OS. If you've installed something other than the official Verizon release, you'll have to go to the source to get it.
    08-01-09 08:22 PM
    I see that now, thanks!!! Now i got another stupid question, SORRY, after I remove the files on crackmem, do I need to reload the os back on my phone? If this question was asked before, please forgive me and feel free to let me know how much of a jackass I am!!!!
    Thanks Again!!!!!!!!!!!!
    08-01-09 08:42 PM
    After you've removed the files in CrackMem, run Desktop Manager and it will handle the OS loading. The Help File in CrackMem is exceptionally well written. I don't mind answering questions (that's why I'm here) but in this case you can get quicker answers from the Help File.
    08-01-09 08:51 PM
1,625 ... 5253545556 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD