04-09-14 06:21 AM
1,625 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Wow. Boy am I glad to hear that piece of news. Well done. The old battery pull for Windows - reboot, works every time.
    07-23-08 08:18 AM
    I have just uploaded CrackMem v2.4.

CrackMem 2.4 is hopefully the final version.

The install now works on all versions of Vista including 64 bit system
    I fixed the non-working Help button
    The Help text has been considerably updated
    ToolTips work on all buttons so you can see what you are about to do before you press the button
    I found a little BlackBerry icon for the program - ah, sweet.
    Last edited by Pete6; 07-24-08 at 01:47 PM.
    07-24-08 12:44 PM
    Thanks Pete
    07-25-08 12:55 AM
    Pete, you should be applauded for your effort on this.
    Great work !!
    07-25-08 01:02 AM
    What did I do wrong? I downloaded and installed v2.4 but when I launch it, the application can't find any of my bb OS's. I ended up having to install .55 thru the DM and not with the new tool. I guess I'll have to manual optimize as well.
    07-25-08 11:02 AM
    What did I do wrong? I downloaded and installed v2.4 but when I launch it, the application can't find any of my bb OS's. I ended up having to install .55 thru the DM and not with the new tool. I guess I'll have to manual optimize as well.
    You need to place your OS in the RIM folder

Program Files - Common - Reseach in Motion

Thats why CM cant find it.
    07-25-08 11:19 AM
    I am a little confused here, .55 does not exist for your phone. 4.5.0.52 is the current latest, as far as I know.

I have tested CrackMem 2.4 on XP and Vista Home Premium. Someone else in here tested it under Vista Ultimate (64 bit) and confirmed that it worked. Which PC OS are you running?

When you installed the BlackBerry phone OS, you did just take the default install options so that it ended up in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8310-v4.2.2.194_P2.5.0.44.

If you did not, then CrackMem will not work.

I am anxious to find out what went wrong so thst if we find that there is a CrackMem problem, we can fix it. So I would really appreciate knowing.

Once we finally get CrackMem going, you may still be able to optimize the memory retroactively. Some (but not all) modules can be added or removed after the OS is installed.
    07-25-08 11:40 AM
    I'll do what I can. CrackMem supports all the 8xxx phones and wil probably work with the 9xxx series too. The OSs seem similar.

I will only really know when they are released and I have one in my hands. I assume that you are referring to the 9000 Bold. It should work but I need to buy one first. It may be a while before I am prepared to brick my new Bold just for this forum. I am sure you can understand that.

I do not have any 7xxxs left here now. I sold them all
    Will this work on CDMA curves and pearl?( 8130 and 8330) ?
    07-25-08 11:51 AM
    I only have GSM phones. Consequently I have never tested it with a CDMA phone.

I see no reason why it will not work.

Download the program, install it - CrackMem is two files. The program file and the help file. It makes no changes to your system registry at all other than Windows install registering the program.

Once installed, look at the help text. There is a list of all and only the files that it moves. Note the word move. There's a Put It Back button that will reverse all the changes that CrackMem makes to the OS on the PC's disk.

I welcome comments on your experience with the prgram should you decide to use it.
    07-25-08 01:26 PM
    I am a little confused here, .55 does not exist for your phone. 4.5.0.52 is the current latest, as far as I know.
    OS 4.5.0.55 is available for select devices!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/os-...-attach-54761/
    07-25-08 01:36 PM
    OS 4.5.0.55 is available for select devices!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/os-...-attach-54761/
    Thanks for the update . Hmmm. Downloaded (note the tense...).
    Last edited by Pete6; 07-25-08 at 03:38 PM.
    07-25-08 03:00 PM
    I have .55 installed on my 8310 and the OS installed to the right location. DM sees the OS's. CrackMem does not. I even rebooted my computer just to make sure CrackMem installed okay.

07-25-08 06:12 PM
    Affirmative to the CDMA Pearl.
    07-25-08 09:01 PM
    I have a cmda 8130 and the program works great. No problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-08 11:13 PM
    I'll confirm that it works on the 8330.
    07-25-08 11:15 PM
    I have .55 installed on my 8310 and the OS installed to the right location. DM sees the OS's. CrackMem does not. I even rebooted my computer just to make sure CrackMem installed okay.
    I do not know what is hapening here. It is hard to know why a particular PC is responding differently to others.

What OS are you running please [XP, Vista Home Premium, Vista Ultimate]?

I will give you all the help I can because I want CrackMem to be as widely available as possible.

btw: I downloaded 4.2.0.55 due to your earlier message. I have had my tiny brain so full of CrackMem that I had ignored the OS upgrades - duh.
    Last edited by Pete6; 07-26-08 at 02:58 AM.
    07-26-08 02:56 AM
    Wow Pete! Thank you so much for developing this! I tried it last night on both of my BBs. It was the simplest thing that I've ever done with my BBs. Much appreciated here!
    07-26-08 06:31 AM
    Ok, I dont know what I am doing wrong since I've done this when CM was first released. Right about now, I'm ready to pull my hair out. On my 8330 I have v4.5.0.51_P3.2.0.41. CM has confirmed my OS.

I have everything checked except PTT & MyFaves (I'm on Sprint).
    I click "excecute selections" and CM tells me the checked items have been removed.
    Then I run DM/App Ldr and the only things that were removed is TTY, carrier theme and VAD.
    On my device I STILL have all the IM clients for which I instructed CM to remove?

What did I do wrong?
    07-26-08 12:27 PM
    pete, just a stupid question... what is "wipe device" for and the BB getting bricked?
    07-26-08 12:40 PM
    I only have GSM phones. Consequently I have never tested it with a CDMA phone.

I see no reason why it will not work.

Download the program, install it - CrackMem is two files. The program file and the help file. It makes no changes to your system registry at all other than Windows install registering the program.

Once installed, look at the help text. There is a list of all and only the files that it moves. Note the word move. There's a Put It Back button that will reverse all the changes that CrackMem makes to the OS on the PC's disk.

I welcome comments on your experience with the prgram should you decide to use it.

Ok thanks, tried it on my 8330, like another poster here did, and it works with no problems.
    07-26-08 01:24 PM
    Ok, I dont know what I am doing wrong since I've done this when CM was first released. Right about now, I'm ready to pull my hair out. On my 8330 I have v4.5.0.51_P3.2.0.41. CM has confirmed my OS.

I have everything checked except PTT & MyFaves (I'm on Sprint).
    I click "excecute selections" and CM tells me the checked items have been removed.
    Then I run DM/App Ldr and the only things that were removed is TTY, carrier theme and VAD.
    On my device I STILL have all the IM clients for which I instructed CM to remove?

What did I do wrong?
    Don't know what's wrong. Please could you PM me the link where you downloaded the OS and I will try to look at what results I get.

One thing you could try is to delete the RemovedFiles folder from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion. Maybe this will fix the problem when you run it next time.

You could also try uninstalling the OS and then re-installing it again. Tedious but it may help.

I am sorry that you are having problems.
    Last edited by Pete6; 07-26-08 at 02:34 PM.
    07-26-08 02:26 PM
    pete, just a stupid question... what is "wipe device" for and the BB getting bricked?
    The Wipe Device button is there so that if you should have a BlackBerry that is in a real mess it can be completely wiped prior to re-installing an OS. In some circumstances wiping / bricking / nuking a BlackBerry is the only way to get it back. WHat this does is to wipe the entire OS (Java) off the phone. It does this very quickly. An you then have a phone with no OS installed but with direct access to the Boot ROM which means that there is a clean, clear path to OS installation.

This button, once pressed requires that you type ' BrickMyBerry ' before it will proceed. You have to get the case right too. Any other response or the Cancel button, will give a message saying 'Action Cancelled'. When you press the button it will give you an input box with text above it telling you about the password. The Help text gives an explanation of this too.
    Last edited by Pete6; 07-26-08 at 02:37 PM.
    07-26-08 02:33 PM
    Pete, I think I just realized what the problem with removing the IM apps. They're just the icons- the actual apps do not exist. This would explain why they aren't in the "RemovedFiles" folder,

When I click on each icon, BBB opens and -

Yahoo - takes me to a download page
    GTalk - takes me to a download page
    AIM - takes me to a terms & condition page (agree/disagree at the bottom)

So since the apps dont exist, is there a way to get rid of the icons?
    07-26-08 03:03 PM
    Pete, I think I just realized what the problem with removing the IM apps. They're just the icons- the actual apps do not exist. This would explain why they aren't in the "RemovedFiles" folder,

When I click on each icon, BBB opens and -

Yahoo - takes me to a download page
    GTalk - takes me to a download page
    AIM - takes me to a terms & condition page (agree/disagree at the bottom)

So since the apps dont exist, is there a way to get rid of the icons?
    Carrier installed shortcuts - if that is what they are, are usually sent via Service Books. The only way to get rid of them is to locate the service books in question (Options, Advanced Options, Service Book) and delete them. Each time you resend the SBs, they icons will reappear.

You could also try Menu, Hide from the desktop.
    07-26-08 03:59 PM
    Thanks Pete. Now if only I can find out why I can't quote replies or why my "post reply" button is missing after installing 4.5?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-08 04:03 PM
1,625 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD