04-09-14 06:21 AM
1,625 ... 4748495051 ...
tools
    Having a problem...
    trying to use crackmem to get rid of unused programs and pre-loaded programs...

Everything seems to go smooth but when I try to update through DM(not connected to internet) it tells me no updates are avail and I go into options and hit next, the thing is, all my programs I tried removing are still on my phone, but there is a folder(commonfiles>RIM>removedfiles)
    why wont it update on my phone?
    05-14-09 11:49 AM
    crackmem doesn't find my os why?
    05-14-09 10:55 PM
    crackmem doesn't find my os why?
    Usually that result means you don't have the OS installed on your PC. Download the same OS that's installed on your phone to your PC. It'll be an exe file. Double-click the exe, and the BlackBerry OS will be installed as an app on your PC. Then CrackMem and the DM AL can find it and use it. If any of what I just typed doesn't make sense, I recommend you perform the CrackBerry Memory Optimization Procedure by Reed McLay. It's the first link in my sig. CrackMem automates many of the advanced steps in the MOP. In the beginning, Reed walks you through downloading and installing your OS.
    Last edited by JeffH; 05-15-09 at 05:53 AM. Reason: more info
    05-15-09 05:51 AM
    thanks
    05-15-09 01:35 PM
    Dear Pete6,

Your program made a world of difference to me in updating (once I found that I had to give it admin rights, which I found in your help file!). One quick suggestion, would be to use a link to the apploader directly instead of going through DM. This will circumvent going through sync and potentially replacing the files back into the install dir as DM 4.7 does. Thanks again!

A
    05-15-09 01:40 PM
    Hi,
    I have a BB Storm 9500. My OS for PC is Windows XP Spanish. When run the CrackMem software, it show: "No Operating Systems could be found" I have instaled in my Windows, the same that in my Storm, OS 4.7.0.141, and for DM v 4.7. All is correct, but not find the OS the CrackMem software.
    Can some help me??
    Thanks.
    05-17-09 01:13 PM
    CrackMem only works with the English language version of Windows. It can't find your OS because the folder names are in Spanish, not English.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-09 01:29 PM
    CrackMem only works with the English language version of Windows. It can't find your OS because the folder names are in Spanish, not English.

Thank JeffH, for your rapid answer.

Regards!
    05-18-09 07:57 AM
    I followed the steps closely but I still keep getting "No operating system is found", then once on the opening screen there are no operating systems in the selection field to the left. HELP!!!???
    05-20-09 04:20 AM
    I followed the steps closely but I still keep getting "No operating system is found", then once on the opening screen there are no operating systems in the selection field to the left. HELP!!!???
    Could be one of two issues. You need to install your OS after you download it. If your using Vista, probably with Windows 7 too, you need to give CrackMem admin rights.
    05-20-09 04:24 AM
    Hi

I am running .231 and I just install the crackmem

I ran the crackmem and selected the OS and selected the apps I needed removed. I hit the exec and it came up finish, but when I check my BB the pictures and music that came with the BB were not removed,

What am I doing wrong
    05-22-09 08:30 AM
    i think u have to re install the OS (on your phone) to get the actions to show up. your just configuring the OS as it sits on your comps hard drive. correct me if im wrong guys.
    05-22-09 09:10 AM
    If so does it mean I have to go back to .206 and if so how do I down grade...can I remove the .231 off the computer and run DM again so it can install .206
    Last edited by walgarin; 05-22-09 at 09:21 AM.
    05-22-09 09:15 AM
    You are correct. CrackMem effects the OS on your PC, not on your BB. If you rerun apoloader it should prompt you to remove the apps you removed through CrackMem.

05-22-09 09:16 AM
    If so does it mean I have to go back to .206 and if so how do I down grade...can I remove the .231 off the computer and run DM again?
    You need to run the OS you used CrackMem to change. If you use CrackMem to open DM, you will automatically be set.

05-22-09 09:19 AM
    I can not for the life of me figure out how to get PTT off my Curve, I've followed the directions over & over & it's still there, what am I doing wrong?
    05-22-09 06:41 PM
    Without more info, I can't tell you what you are doing wrong, but you ARE doing something wrong. CrackMem can remove VAD with no difficulty. You can also remove VAD manually, by deleting the appropriate cod from you OS load. Finally, you can use CrackUtil to remove it.

05-22-09 06:48 PM
    is there away to add visual voice mail
    05-22-09 07:03 PM
    I hook my BB up, I run CrackMem, I select my OS, I check the right boxes, then hit execute, immediately it says that it's complete. I close everything out but when I check my phone PTT is still there. Maybe I'm thinking of this program wrong, does this program work on my BB or the OS that's on my laptop?
    05-23-09 07:10 AM
    CrackMem modifies the OS that's installed on your laptop. After it's finished (it takes a fraction of a second), you then have to run Desktop Manager to install the modified OS on your BlackBerry. If you're skipping that step, that's the problem. I don't mind helping you, but the CrackMem help file is exceptionally well written and tells you exactly how to proceed.
    05-23-09 08:00 AM
    I FINALLY got it to work, thanks so much for all the help, now I just need to figure out how to get SheetsToGo back! It was deleted when PTT went for some reason.
    05-25-09 03:17 PM
    this may have been covered in previous posts but that's a lot of pages to read...i was just wondering if updated to the new os would delete everything on my world edition
    05-26-09 08:51 AM
    It will replace your OS. It does not necessarily remove 3rd party apps. Some will be restored completely, others you may have to reenter the registration code. It just depends on the app. Always make a backup of your personal data before starting an upgrade. I upgraded my 8830 from 4.2.2.196 to 4.5.0.138 earlier this month using CrackMem with no difficulty.

05-26-09 07:13 PM
    I just dowloaded this and did everything i was supposed to. The install/upgrade went flawlessly. I wiped and then chose which apps to remove and installed. For some reason, the sample pics and song is still there. Not sure why because I did click the box to remove them. Also, my VZW Visual Voicemail is gone and I cannot figure out how to get this back. Def important that I get my VVM back. I'd appreciate any help. Also i booted up with 10+ MB using this! I've never been in the 50's and i booted uo at 53.4mb.
    05-26-09 08:30 PM
    I'm not sure about your VVM, but the media files are a known issue with the Storm. Read the intro to the CrackMem Help file. The Media files issue is explained there.
    05-26-09 09:01 PM
1,625 ... 4748495051 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD