04-09-14 06:21 AM
1,625 ... 1920212223 ...
tools
    what do u mean by i need to download my os
    New Operating Systems (OS) for BlackBerrys are delivered as a single file that is itself a PC application. This needs to be downloaded and installed on the PC before CrackMem, or anything else can find or make use of it.

To perform an OS update on your phone using CrackMem you need four things.
    • Your phone and a USB cable
    • Destop Manager installed on the PC
    • The OS (for your phone model) installed on the OC
    • CrackMem installed on the PC
    If you look in the Help text of CrackMem and go to the Resources section you will see a list of web resources. Some of these will lead you to the required doewnload sites. There is also a step by step guide to upgrading your phone with CrackMem and I reccomend that you have a look at this too.

As to finding the latest OS for your phone, the best way to approach this is to look at the threads in the forum for your device and also in the OS Beta Discussion forum. You may also wish to look directly at Official OS 4.5.0.77 For 8330 From Cellular South | BerryReview.com for OS 4.5.0.77 or on BerryReview.com | BlackBerry News & Reviews You Can Use and search for the 9330 OS. Forum rules preclude publishing eaxct addesses for beta (unreleased) OSs.

Please bear in mind that unless you also download you current OS AS WELL then the upgrade will be a one way trip for you. Unless you do this, there will be no way back. This should not matter but I though that I had better mention it anyhow.

If any of the above is unclear or if you feel that you just need more help then please come back here and ask.
    Last edited by Pete6; 11-19-08 at 11:23 AM.
    11-19-08 10:47 AM
    ok i just installed my sprint os from bb website and now my blackberry desktop manager wont ready my phone is connected so i had to uninstall it and now it detects it again so i dont know what happened
    11-19-08 10:45 PM
    What does the rename Docs 2 Go mean? Why would I want to rename it? Thanks.
    11-19-08 11:11 PM
    ok i just installed my sprint os from bb website and now my blackberry desktop manager wont ready my phone is connected so i had to uninstall it and now it detects it again so i dont know what happened
    No, nor do I. If I understand you correctly, your phone works correctly with Desktop Manager when you do not have an OS instaled but not when you have an OS installed. Is this correct?

I have not heard of this before. Congratulations, a new problem.

If you have the times, please re-install the OS and then reboot your PC and try connecting once more. I think that DM and the OS may be conflicting with each other.

The problems you are having are not usual. Help will always be available in here for you. Please remember that I live in Europe so my time is 6 hoors ahaead of EST so if I do not respond, I may be sleeping.
    Last edited by Pete6; 11-20-08 at 01:05 AM.
    11-20-08 01:00 AM
    What does the rename Docs 2 Go mean? Why would I want to rename it? Thanks.
    Have a look at post #366 in this thread or look in the Help text of CrackMem. There is a complete explanation in both places.
    11-20-08 01:04 AM
    yea i did i restarted my computer and did a battery pull and it wouldnt connect so i just end up uninstalling the os and now it reads it fine so i dont know whats up
    11-20-08 09:52 AM
    were does a guy go to get this app.?
    11-20-08 10:09 AM
    There's a zip file in the OP at the bottom part of it.
    11-20-08 10:12 AM
    11-20-08 10:14 AM
    Have a look at post #366 in this thread or look in the Help text of CrackMem. There is a complete explanation in both places.
    Thanks. I have another question, though. At what point in the process do I change the name? Do I change the name before doing the upgrade to 4.5? Or, do I upgrade to 4.5 with the original name, and then change the file name prior to installing the free DataViz upgrade?
    11-20-08 10:22 AM
    yea i did i restarted my computer and did a battery pull and it wouldnt connect so i just end up uninstalling the os and now it reads it fine so i dont know whats up
    No me either. Which version of DM are you running? v4.7 is the latest but anythng from 4.5 on will do just fine.
    11-20-08 10:23 AM
    Did ya find it?
    11-20-08 10:26 AM
    not yet. Newbie here
    11-20-08 11:32 AM
    Found it. I should listen to my wife more, and look at little harder!
    11-20-08 11:41 AM
    Found it. I should listen to my wife more, and look at little harder!
    Glad you found it. All downlaodable attachments on Crackberry will be at the end of a post. Not always the first post thogh so you have to search a bit sometimes.

Have fun with the program.
    11-21-08 07:43 AM
    Help. I followed all of the directions. I'm trying to install 4.5 on my TMobile BB Pearl 8120. I downloaded and intalled the os, I pressed confirm operating system, I chose which models I wanted to remove on the right hand side, I clicked on Execute Selections, Action Completed - OK, Clicked on Desktop Manager, a box came up that said checking for device application updates please wait, it fnished and went away then nothing happened. What did I do wrong? How come it's not automatically installing OS 4.5?
    11-24-08 11:34 AM
    Help. I followed all of the directions. I'm trying to install 4.5 on my TMobile BB Pearl 8120. I downloaded and intalled the os, I pressed confirm operating system, I chose which models I wanted to remove on the right hand side, I clicked on Execute Selections, Action Completed - OK, Clicked on Desktop Manager, a box came up that said checking for device application updates please wait, it fnished and went away then nothing happened. What did I do wrong? How come it's not automatically installing OS 4.5?
    Hard to tell without a little more information please.

• Did you download OS 4.5 for the 8120? It's an easy mistake to make.
    • Did you remove Vendor.xml? If you did not, then it will not work.
    11-24-08 03:35 PM
    I got it. I moved the OS download to my desktop and it worked. Thanx.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-08 06:56 PM

it's a nice program but please be careful as the author is still at an early stage of development and he has not put in any safeguards to stop you from wiping your phone as yet. one single right mouse click on the center icon on row 4 will wipe you phone just like that.

it's a nice looking program.
    @Pete6 - thank you!!!

as for the application loader icon (center of row 4) with the /nojvm switch (via right clicking) - it was my intention to protect that control, i simply forgot about it. this is fixed in mcp 0.9.2.0 beta 1 which is now available. users must enter the correct challenge/response in settings and they must also confirm the warning message they will receive. all of the other controls have been protected since the earliest public releases.

BlackBerry Master Control Program (MCP) 0.9.2.0 Beta 1
    Last edited by sgt-d; 11-27-08 at 12:59 PM.
    11-27-08 12:57 PM
    I got it. I moved the OS download to my desktop and it worked. Thanx.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Having the same problem. What do you mean by moving OS download to desktop? You cut and paste whole .exe file from downloads to desktop or a specific folder in Program Files to desktop ? The vendor file by the way was already deleted otherwise I couldn't have installed it in the first place.
    Last edited by samsams; 11-29-08 at 12:51 PM.
    11-29-08 12:49 PM
    When I tried to install CrackMem for my Storm, it wouldn't recognize my OS. I kept getting the message "No operating systems could be found" and no operating systems are then shown. If I am doing something wrong, I'd appreciate the help.

The desktop manager has no problem recognizing the Storm and its PIN, but when I close the DM and open CrackMem, it doesn't work for me.

Has anyone else had this issue?
    11-29-08 03:15 PM
    Do you have your Storm OS installed as an application on your PC? It should show up in Control Panel Add/Remove programs.
    11-29-08 04:16 PM
    No. How do I get it there?
    11-29-08 04:19 PM
    Download it from here: BlackBerry Software Updates into a folder where you can find it, or onto your desktop. Then double-click the exe and it will install the OS on your PC. Then CrackMem will be able to use it.
    11-29-08 04:23 PM
    Worked perfectly. Thanks, Jeff...
    11-29-08 05:01 PM
1,625 ... 1920212223 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD