I know you said this is your personal BlackBerry, but are you connecting it to a work email system? Somehow you are getting an IT Policy pushed back on your phone. CrackUtil can't do that, and neither can Docs-to-Go. The files you are opening with Docs-to-Go: are they files you copied from your PC, or are they files that were emailed to you from work?
    the files are coppied from PC. But as I said, now it seems to be working even with the policy. But you are right, it is somehow being pushed back to me. i use work email but it is my company where I set up the domain etc so I don't think this is doing it.

However, I do use gmail as a gateway too so nto sure if that has anything to do with it. although I doubt that. Hmm, I will think of something else that might be causing it but help is appreciated and I will report back. It is wierd though and not sure if anyone else had this problem.
    11-12-08 09:10 PM
    by the way it is BIS not BES and it is all set through blackberry site not a work server or anything.
    11-12-08 09:19 PM
    I just released CrackMem v3.0. There is nothing of special significnce in the number. It is simply the next release. I have fixed a number of things that branta was quite correctly asking about. branta played a large part in testing and investigating so my thanks (an a cookie) go to him.
    Beer. The team all deserve beer if it works right

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-08 09:29 PM
    Could the policy be imposed by a third party app? We know Blackberry Unite does sneaky things like that

11-12-08 09:36 PM
    Pete,
    I positively was rid of the red lock. When I checked it again just now after I got rid of some languages from the Docstogo using crackutil, all was fine. I opened to check Docs to see if all os OK and it asked me to give it a permission again, which I did and it workd OK. I though, well that was strange to ask me again so checked the security settings and low and behold, the freakin lock is back there. Any ideas? All works fine but I am affraid eventualy it will be blocking me from something.

I thought you would appreciate this to know. Definitely was not there and now definitely is there.
    There are only two ways for an IT Policy to ge on your phone.
    1). It is put there as a part of a corporate Policy. This happens when your phone is connected to a corporate email and BlackBerry manage ment system called the BlackBerry Enterprise System (BES).

2). Your PC has a file called policy.bin on it and each time you run Desktop Manage this file is auomatically implemented. policy.bin will most likely be located in C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Policy Manager\policy.bin

There will also be a registry entry here.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER Software\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Policy Manager C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Policy Manager\policy.bin

Both the file and the registry entry should be removed. However if you do not feel like raking around inside the registry with regedit then just delete the file policy.bin. Desktop Manager will complain that there is an error but at least the policy.bin that implements the IT Policy will be gone.

How this file go on your computer, I cannot even guess but I think that you will find it. If it is not where my first guess says it will be then do a search of the whole hard disk for policy.bin.

Once the file is gone, you may once more remove the IT Policy using CrackUtil and hopefully all will then be well.
    11-13-08 01:15 AM
    Could the policy be imposed by a third party app? We know Blackberry Unite does sneaky things like that

I was wondering the same thing myself. Still don't have warm feeling about Docstogo, especially since they com epreloaded now. I was only having a problem with firewall using Word while spreadsheets were fine. Even Datawiz were not able to help or figure this one out. Till I cleared it using crackutil, I was not able to use Word.

The red lock was gone and all was fixed. Now, the red lock is back but I am OK actualy using Word and I am thinking because the red lock appeared after the installation and approval of rights, etc.

Pete, I searched for the policy file through C and everywhere and I don't have it. I did use to have it when I had curve though but I removed back back in days. It originaly ended up there with the "Unite" crap. I since changed and switched to Bold months back and I made sure befoe I did that , everything was deleted of my C in relations to RIM, so it was very very freash brand new installaion.

(this is becoming interesting). I am puzzled but sine it works for now I am not temting to do anything. However, I do have a feeling it will come back to p***me off when I am upgrading program or installig something.
    11-13-08 08:48 AM
    Gee, just crossed my mind. Isync it with another laptop at home. So, I ahve to check that PC for policy.bin

Darn, got a bad feeling here. I'll keep you posted soon.
    11-13-08 09:17 AM
    Sure, it was on the other laptop. I deltedet both the policy.bin and from the registry as well. DM works and all but now have a problem to run crackutility. It tells me that the password is incorrect and I can't get it running to go back and remove the policy again. Should I also remove the Policy Manager folder or just the policy.bin? Also, how do I get the crackutil to work again. I tried removing my password from BB but it is the smae thing. Tried blank and all but nothing, Thx
    11-13-08 09:58 AM
    OK restarted PC and it worked. Doing the IT Policy reset now. Will see what happens.
    11-13-08 10:07 AM
    Cleared off the red lock and back again as it should be. Policy free and no red lock. Sorry for many posts - guess I walked myself through this but of course could not have done it without your valuable input and apps. Big thanks.
    11-13-08 10:35 AM
    Good. I am glad that it worked and that your phone is now doing what it does best.

btw: BlackBerry Unite! implements its IT Policy via a policy.bin file.
    Last edited by Pete6; 11-13-08 at 11:35 AM.
    11-13-08 11:29 AM
    Good. I am glad that it worked and that your phone is now doing what it does best.

btw: BlackBerry Unite! implements its IT Policy via a policy.bin file.
    Everything is doing well. The only thing I am finding is now it runs warm, almost hot and batteries are draining much faster and visibly so. I am running just weathereye and VibAndRing. I had those before without much problems. Any ideas? Anything to do with ne .185? It did not cause device warming or battery problems before though.
    11-13-08 01:07 PM
    Everything is doing well. The only thing I am finding is now it runs warm, almost hot and batteries are draining much faster and visibly so. I am running just weathereye and VibAndRing. I had those before without much problems. Any ideas? Anything to do with ne .185? It did not cause device warming or battery problems before though.
    I have a Curve so you might be better off asking over in the Bold forum.

A warm battery has to mean low battery life so I would certainly do some searching to find out what is going on.
    11-13-08 01:14 PM
    Thanks anyways. I think the vibring might be a culprit. THe app is acting wierd so I might hve to reinstall it or uninstall it completely.

Anyways, I have another Bold,belongs to a household member and it has the same thing. I am trying to do the same thing but after so many tries I am unsuccessful to get crackutil going. It gives me a wrong password (there is no password, it's blank) or not connected. I run it as administrator on Vista. Any tips?
    11-13-08 01:36 PM
    OK it took 4-5 PC restarts and finally crackutil kicked in. Not sure why it took so many times but I finally got it done. It must be Vista pista'
    11-13-08 02:06 PM
    I just released CrackMem v3.0. There is nothing of special significnce in the number. It is simply the next release. I have fixed a number of things that branta was quite correctly asking about. branta played a large part in testing and investigating so my thanks (an a cookie) go to him.
    For comment

Spreadsheet summary of file movements (4.6.0.185) and correlation to individual CrackMem v3.0 checkboxes is attached below for the information of Bold users. THE SPREADSHEET IS ONLY VALID FOR BOLD with OS 4.6.

There is still an inconsistent duplication of action (highlighted yellow) between main checkboxes and those dedicated to OS4.6 but it is not critical. There is duplication of effort between the checkboxes, and the 4.6 multimedia checkbox is not actually required. It might make more sense to reassign the files moved so we have

*Remove Multimedia Samples
    net_rim_bb_medialoader_480x320_b.cod (sample video)
    net_rim_bb_medialoader_music_480x320_b.cod (sample music)

*Remove Sample Wallpapers
    net_rim_bb_medialoader_backgrounds_480x320_b.cod (BMW promo)

I think if any of these files were not part of the build CM would silently skip that entry in the move process so no need to worry for OS versions which do not have all the bloatware. This would release one checkbox from the 4.6 section.

The T-Mobile Faves and 4.6-specific TMo bloat are actually installed as a group so it would make sense to handle them together. Move
    net_rim_bb_medialoader_114_five_icon_library.cod
    to the main T-Mo checkbox and release the 4.6 TMo checkbox completely in the next build.

The Interface Design Bug is still deficient and confusing. Checkboxes should be cleared when Put it Back is executed, so they reflect the current status of moved files (none). Ideally PiB should be called either before Exit (difficult to program?) or after confirming selection of OS so the novice user always starts with the OS files in a known state and the checkboxes show reality. In the current implementation this is not true, and it is possible to start CM with a load of files in Removed, then select and execute to remove Vendor.xls, then wonder why all the other files don't install.
    Last edited by branta; 02-09-09 at 09:32 AM.
    11-13-08 03:05 PM
    The Interface Design Bug is still deficient and confusing. Checkboxes should be cleared when Put it Back is executed, so they reflect the current status of moved files (none). Ideally PiB should be called either before Exit (difficult to program?) or after confirming selection of OS so the novice user always starts with the OS files in a known state and the checkboxes show reality. In the current implementation this is not true, and it is possible to start CM with a load of files in Removed, then select and execute to remove Vendor.xls, then wonder why all the other files don't install.
    Thinking about this some more, it might be a bad idea to reset the OS state. It makes more sense to leave everything 'as moved and used for install' so the apps loader sees the same fileset every time. Newbies are not going to restart CrackMem every time they load Desktop Manager to sync to PC. (God forbid that they might also make a backup at the same time....)

I think this makees it a better idea to consider saving the state of CM checkboxes so they can be repopulated on startup. A simple text file (ini) should be easy to implement if considered desirable.
    11-14-08 04:27 AM
    Thinking about this some more, it might be a bad idea to reset the OS state. It makes more sense to leave everything 'as moved and used for install' so the apps loader sees the same fileset every time. Newbies are not going to restart CrackMem every time they load Desktop Manager to sync to PC. (God forbid that they might also make a backup at the same time....)

I think this makees it a better idea to consider saving the state of CM checkboxes so they can be repopulated on startup. A simple text file (ini) should be easy to implement if considered desirable.
    I can tell you that this change will not happen. Nobody has the time to do it. I will do ththe file changes that you suggest but the programming change to the interface logic will never be done. Sorry.
    11-14-08 05:49 AM
    Well I ran this app tonight for the first time and I was able to get my Bold memory up to 57mb's. up from about 40-42mb's. I dropped the games except of course brick breaker along with the vendor xml, sample videos, push to talk, removed wallpaper & pics. I will load my own wallpapers and pics when I need them.
    11-16-08 03:22 PM
    dowmloaded , unziped , installed and says " no operating sys could be found " and theres no OS options when it pulls up ?
    11-17-08 09:32 PM
    It sounds like you don't have your device OS installed on your PC. Download your OS to your desktop, double-click the exe file and install your OS on your PC. Then run CrackMem again.
    11-17-08 09:38 PM
    Also, if you are running Microsoft Vista, you need to complete one additional step which is detailled bith in the Help text of CrackMem and in the first post in this thread.
    11-18-08 04:01 AM
    hey it says it cant fine my os how do i get it to work
    11-19-08 10:29 AM
    hey it says it cant fine my os how do i get it to work
    Look back two posts to #496.
    11-19-08 10:31 AM
    what do u mean by i need to download my os
    11-19-08 10:33 AM
1,625 ... 1819202122 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD