crackmem will only remove standard themes, not third party ones

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-08 06:40 PM
    It's the same problem. The cod file is not delivered with the OS so CrackMem can't see it.

CrackUtil can though.
    11-10-08 06:43 PM
    Got it. Sorry for not keeping up with your utilities, Pete, I usually never need them, . I do recommend your crackmem to people having trouble upgrading.

EDIT: Woah , haha. I just looked at crackutil. I don't know if I should have a new person use it. Looks pretty powerful.
    Last edited by exelant; 11-10-08 at 07:11 PM.
    11-10-08 06:45 PM
    Got it. Sorry for not keeping up with your utilities, Pete, I usually never need them, . I do recommend your crackmem to people having trouble upgrading.

EDIT: Woah , haha. I just looked at crackutil. I don't know if I should have a new person use it. Looks pretty powerful.
    Used properly it is a very good tool but there are only a couple of faster ways to brick a phone than randomly deleting files with CrackUtil. That's what makes it fun...

On the other hand if you really want to remove a file then this the tool to do it. Just make sure that you know its full name before you press the Remove button.
    11-10-08 07:18 PM
    Oh yeah, I have a couple things I'm going to use it for tonight, lol, but I'm going to recommend my friend not use it yet.

And I use the screenshot all the time. I gave one of work's IT guys a copy and he's nuts about it. I keep woring on him to join us here -- I think he has, I just don't know his CB name yet.

11-10-08 07:44 PM
    I LOVE crackutil, I came across it the other night looking for a screen shot program cuz crackpic didnt want to work, and the very next day, it cleared up a *stuck file* I had with weather bug LOL

Its a great app,
    11-10-08 07:52 PM
    I expect to have another 2mb of file free!

11-10-08 08:08 PM
    what's the purpose of renaming the documents to go file?
    11-11-08 08:18 AM
    what's the purpose of renaming the documents to go file?
    Read starting from here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/cra...tml#post819597

And read this: http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/cra...tml#post864454
    11-11-08 11:14 AM
    Bold OS 4.6.0.190 behaves exactly like previous builds with CrackMem. No obvious new files, no new glitches.

Known glitch carried forward - CrackMem v2.9 removes Brickbreaker with the other Bold games (The CrackMem v2.9 screen text is wrong). Workaround is easy - manually move the 2 BrickBreaked files back from Removed Files\OS to the OS\Java folder.

More info for the Bold hackers and memory hounds.

I just installed 4.6.0.190 to test what happens if net_rim_bb_medialoader_sonic_networks_high_2.cod is manually moved to the Removed Files\<os_version> folder so it is not available for installation.

A search of net_rim_bb_medialoader_sonic_networks_high_2.cod finds a file list
    <folder src="ringtones/SonicNetworks" dst="samples/ringtones" drmProtection="true">
    <file name="Alarm_Bold_byStewartCopeland.m4a"/>
    <file name="BBGrooves_SmoothLatin.m4a"/>
    <file name="BBRelaxed_StarChime.m4a"/>
    <file name="StewartCopeland_Ringtone1.m4a"/>
    <file name="StewartCopeland_RingTone2.m4a"/>
    <file name="StewartCopeland_Ringtone3.m4a"/>
    <file name="StewartCopeland_Ringtone4.m4a"/>
    <file name="StewartCopeland_Ringtone5.m4a"/>
    <file name="StewartCopeland_Ringtone6.m4a"/>
    <file name="Timer_3beeps.m4a"/>
    <file name="Tune_Calypso.m4a"/>
    <file name="Tune_Down2Business.m4a"/>
    </folder>

These ringtones are broken if high_2.cod is not available. The ringtone itself remains available in the selction list but is replaced by three short beeps.

Whether it is worth removing these to save 2 or 3 MBytes extra free memory is personal choice. My own opinion says it is not a great benefit when we should be looking at 40-50 free. If a device is getting to critical levels where 2M would make a difference - there is a serious memory leak anyway and 2M extra free is only going to delay the inevitable crash for a short time.
    11-11-08 05:37 PM
    I have Bold I downgraded from .190 back to .162 and I am trying to upgrade to .185 using crackmem 2.9 and 4.6 desktop. I am not able to do it. Hile my desktop manager opens separately and recognises my BB, it does not upgrade. Also using crakmem when I click on DM it shows Error wit a cross but when I click OK the DM starts but no upgrade. What's wrong?
    11-12-08 10:10 AM
    OK. I think I fixed it.
    11-12-08 10:20 AM
    I now have problem with only Word (Excel and PPT is fine) saying there is a firewall or policy inthere. Never had thisproblem before and both 162 and 190 did not give me any problems. I think crackmem might have done something to it. If known issue, how do I correct it so I can use Word. THe same thing now happening with PDF (Repligo) reader. THx.
    11-12-08 11:07 AM
    All CrackMem does is to copy files around. It does not touch your phone at all. There is no way that CrackMem can have affected the Firewall.

Go to Options, Security, Firewall and make sure that it is switched off. If you cannot turn the Firewall off then there is an IT Policy issue.
    11-12-08 11:21 AM
    It cant be switched off. I tried your crackutil too and it gives me an error. How do I get rid of IT using crackutil? I guess I have to get the app working first but not sure how. I am logged as an admin on Vista
    11-12-08 11:40 AM
    Is there a little red lock beside the Firewall? If so, this is an IT Policy issue. It this phone yours or does it belong to a company. If the latter then do not fool with the IT Policy as the IT dept. will see it in a second and you could lose your job.

That said, CrackUtil should remove the IT Policy on a Bold with no problem. Can you remember what the eoor was? It would be useful to know.

You need to make sure that both CrackUtil and javaloader are set to run as administrator. To find out how to do this look at the CrackUtil thread and I have explained it all there.

Please come back here if you are still stuck.
    11-12-08 11:50 AM
    I just used CrackMem to reload 4.5 and everything seems to be going smoothly.

the only weird thing I saw was the "Wipe Device" button also loaded the OS. I didn't have to click on "Desktop Manager". I hope I did this right. LOL
    11-12-08 12:17 PM
    I just used CrackMem to reload 4.5 and everything seems to be going smoothly.

the only weird thing I saw was the "Wipe Device" button also loaded the OS. I didn't have to click on "Desktop Manager". I hope I did this right. LOL
    The Wipe Device button invokes a program called Loader.exe and I use this + an option (loader /nojvm) to wipe the phone. The Loader.exe program then loads the OS on its own. I have no control over that at all.
    11-12-08 01:11 PM
    Is there a little red lock beside the Firewall? If so, this is an IT Policy issue. It this phone yours or does it belong to a company. If the latter then do not fool with the IT Policy as the IT dept. will see it in a second and you could lose your job.

That said, CrackUtil should remove the IT Policy on a Bold with no problem. Can you remember what the eoor was? It would be useful to know.

You need to make sure that both CrackUtil and javaloader are set to run as administrator. To find out how to do this look at the CrackUtil thread and I have explained it all there.

Please come back here if you are still stuck.
    Thanks Pete. I was stuck in the mtg but am back now. No, this phone is not on company's policy or anything. Just BB of the shelve but that red lock is there though. No sure how to make sure javaloader is set to run as admnistrator.
    11-12-08 02:57 PM
    I am running a reset IT Policy to factory settngs. I hope I am doing the riht thing but it looks like it's wiping the whole thing. Is that how it happnes toremove any policy there? As I said, this is my personal BB.
    11-12-08 03:15 PM
    I am running a reset IT Policy to factory settngs. I hope I am doing the riht thing but it looks like it's wiping the whole thing. Is that how it happnes toremove any policy there? As I said, this is my personal BB.
    Using CrackUtil to remove an IT Policy will inevitably wipe the device. I am puzzled as to how an IT Policy got onto your personal phone - not that its any of my business, of course.

The result should be that once you have your phone back working again, the little red padlock against the Firwall should be gone.

Please stay in touch over this as I remain puzzled. I live in Europe and I'm off to bed now.
    11-12-08 04:17 PM
    I just released CrackMem v3.0. There is nothing of special significnce in the number. It is simply the next release. I have fixed a number of things that branta was quite correctly asking about. branta played a large part in testing and investigating so my thanks (an a cookie) go to him.
    11-12-08 04:19 PM
    Using CrackUtil to remove an IT Policy will inevitably wipe the device. I am puzzled as to how an IT Policy got onto your personal phone - not that its any of my business, of course.

The result should be that once you have your phone back working again, the little red padlock against the Firwall should be gone.

Please stay in touch over this as I remain puzzled. I live in Europe and I'm off to bed now.
    Hi Pete,
    I have absolutely no idea how it ended up there. And yes, I guard my BB so ther is no way someone was messing with it. I do know for fact that it (the red lock) was not there FOR SURE and all of a sudden it appeared when I upgraded to .190 and downgraded to .162 Rogers official, then got up to .185.

Anyways, I used your crackutil and cleard my BB of that stupid red lock and after a reload, I had to go back and reinstall manually DocsToGo and upgrade it to 1005. Now I am on .185 and everything works perfect except when my DM is open and before I sync it it shows it want to update Danish and some other languages. I cancel it and go on to sync it without a problem but it is anoying non-the-less. Would be nice if I can get rid of it.

Also, I think I can utilise crackutil much better so have to play around as it truly looks to be an amazing tool. I know you heard this but really, no really, job well done

I don't want to delete something wrong but is there a list of the most common stuff (addresses) people get rid off? May bring some ideas.

Cheers...
    11-12-08 07:24 PM
    Pete,
    I positively was rid of the red lock. When I checked it again just now after I got rid of some languages from the Docstogo using crackutil, all was fine. I opened to check Docs to see if all os OK and it asked me to give it a permission again, which I did and it workd OK. I though, well that was strange to ask me again so checked the security settings and low and behold, the freakin lock is back there. Any ideas? All works fine but I am affraid eventualy it will be blocking me from something.

I thought you would appreciate this to know. Definitely was not there and now definitely is there.
    11-12-08 07:52 PM
    I know you said this is your personal BlackBerry, but are you connecting it to a work email system? Somehow you are getting an IT Policy pushed back on your phone. CrackUtil can't do that, and neither can Docs-to-Go. The files you are opening with Docs-to-Go: are they files you copied from your PC, or are they files that were emailed to you from work?
    11-12-08 08:39 PM
1,625 ... 1718192021 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD