pltaylor sent me a PM so credit to him for this find.

Tge BlackBerry Master Control Program has beed released Advanced Users! Free BlackBerry Master Control Program 0.9 Alpha - The Ultimate Javaloader GUI? | BerryReview.com � and was reviewed on berryreview.

It's a nice program but please be careful as the autor is still at an early stage of developmert and he has not put in any safeguards to stop you from wiping your phone as yet. One single right mouse click on the center icon on row 4 will wipe you phone just like that.

It's a nice looking program.
    10-28-08 05:49 AM
    Rank newbie here, with a bootleg 4.5 OS installed. Installed and ran CrackMem, ran great and I cleared out some extra junk. Thanks for the awesome work!
    10-28-08 05:26 PM
    Great program & I can see the benefit of deleting a few extra things....one quiestion...With more & more countries / states banning driving whilst holing phones wouldn't it be better to keep voice activated dialling ?
    10-29-08 08:34 AM
    How can I download Crackmem. It says it's available at the end of your post...but I don't see the link?!!?!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-08 09:52 AM
    what does crackmem do?
    10-29-08 12:07 PM
    How can I download Crackmem. It says it's available at the end of your post...but I don't see the link?!!?!
    It's attached at the end of the first post as a zipfile. You might not be able to see that from the WAP version of the forum. You're going to have to download it onto a PC anyway, so look for it from there.
    10-29-08 12:14 PM
    what does crackmem do?
    Once you've read through the first page or two of this thread the answer should come to you. If not, then you're probably not comfortable enough with modifying your BB software to use it, anyway.
    10-29-08 12:16 PM
    Does it work with EastAisa ROM?
    10-30-08 05:26 AM
    OS, yes that's what I've got loaded.

10-30-08 05:38 AM
    Pete thanks for providing CrackMem which allowed me to update my TM 8120 Blackberry to v4.5.0.81. I deleted the vendor.xml file by hand without success but when I deleted the vendor.xml file using CrackMem my device finally was loaded with the new OS –BLUE_BERRY
    10-30-08 05:56 AM
    does crackmem works for bold?
    10-30-08 11:52 AM
    does crackmem works for bold?
    Yes. If you scroll back a few pages, you can read Pete's discussion with a Bold user.
    10-30-08 01:10 PM
    Has this been tested with the Blackberry Pearl 8110 with Rogers(service provider)?
    Thanks.
    11-01-08 06:37 PM
    Has this been tested with the Blackberry Pearl 8110 with Rogers(service provider)?
    Thanks.
    Check the first page of the thread. Pete states that CrackMem has been tested with 8xxx phones. Your service provider is irrelevant in this case, so you shouldn't have a problem.

11-01-08 06:49 PM
    Check the first page of the thread. Pete states that CrackMem has been tested with 8xxx phones. Your service provider is irrelevant in this case, so you shouldn't have a problem.

Thank you very much, new blackberry user and didn't want to screw it up.
    11-01-08 06:57 PM
    Great program & I can see the benefit of deleting a few extra things....one quiestion...With more & more countries / states banning driving whilst holing phones wouldn't it be better to keep voice activated dialling ?
    If you need VAD, as I do, don't check the VAD remove option and CrackMem will leave it in.
    11-03-08 01:15 AM
    CrackMem v2.9 (v.28 did not happen. It just got lost in the numbering system someplace).
    -Added Donate button so please support my programmer's pizza fund.
    -Added 9000 series specific panel
    -Added net_rim_tmo_five_lib.cod to T-Mobile My-Faves removal
    -Added net_rim_bb_medialoader_114_five_icon_library.cod to 9000 series T-Mobile icon library removal
    -Added 9000 series button to remove Music and Wallpaper
    net_rim_bb_medialoader_480x320_b.cod
    net_rim_bb_medialoader_backgrounds_480x320_b.cod
    net_rim_bb_medialoader_music_480x320_b.cod
    -Added Games removal button for 9000 series
    Klondike_v46_480x320.cod
    Sudoku_v46_480x320.cod
    THK2_v46_480x320.cod
    net_rim_device_apps_games_*.cod

11-03-08 01:04 PM
    Does the device gets unlocked if we wipe the device and then install some other carrier or official OS software?
    11-04-08 01:13 AM
    @Cyberslam - Nothing unlocks a Berry except your Carrier (or the great guys at HorizonWireless). The operating system is merely a dressing on top of your locked phone.
    11-04-08 01:27 AM
    11/3/08 - CrackMem V2.9 is here (2.8 got lost somewhere)
    10/10/08-CrackMem V2.7 is here
    ----------------------------------------

I welcome your comments.

Pete

Thanks Pete.

One question. Can I use this app to remove some of the unwanted applications / modules and lighten my phone memory....

How would you suggest I do that... I mean I shouldn't delete the vendor list or anything right. Just use " Remove Modules " and Go.....

Cheers

Machismo
    11-05-08 12:37 AM
    You can use CrackMem to remove soeme modules post installation. You must have the exact same version of the OS on you PC as is currently installed on your phone or this trick will not work.

Remove Vendor.xml just so that you are sure that the OS will be vad and active. Now remove the various modules from CrackMem and then launch Desktop Manager. You may need to launch the Application Loader. bit once launcehed Desktop Manager will remove the modules you selected.

As to removing applications you may as well use Desktop Manager to remove these at the same time so just uncheck thme from the list in DM/Application Launcher.
    11-05-08 09:33 AM
    Thanks Pete.

One question. Can I use this app to remove some of the unwanted applications / modules and lighten my phone memory....

How would you suggest I do that... I mean I shouldn't delete the vendor list or anything right. Just use " Remove Modules " and Go.....

Cheers

Machismo
    Well I got best results by selecting every checkbox in the right panel, then a little manual adjustment (bug report coming...) to retain Brickbreaker and remove the 2 huge Copeland ringtones.

BUG: If you select 'Remove Games except brickbreaker' v2.9 will remove brickbreaker.

Workaround - Move the 2 Brickbreaker .cod files from Removed Files\<whateverOS> back to <whateverOS>\Java before you launch Apps Loader.

It won't hurt to remove the vendor lock file anyway. Its simply a redundant step in the unlikely event you are using own vendor's release.
    Last edited by branta; 11-05-08 at 05:57 PM.
    11-05-08 05:54 PM
    Well I got best results by selecting every checkbox in the right panel, then a little manual adjustment (bug report coming...) to retain Brickbreaker and remove the 2 huge Copeland ringtones.

BUG: If you select 'Remove Games except brickbreaker' v2.9 will remove brickbreaker.

Workaround - Move the 2 Brickbreaker .cod files from Removed Files\<whateverOS> back to <whateverOS>\Java before you launch Apps Loader.

It won't hurt to remove the vendor lock file anyway. Its simply a redundant step in the unlikely event you are using own vendor's release.
    I guess that they must have put BrickBreaker in one of the other files. I was told that removing the files would not remove this game. I don't have a Bold so have no way to check. I am sorry about that.

The only thing that I can do is to remove the text that refers to Brickbreaker and to put in another button that uses your work around.

Thanks for letting me know and for finding a work around.
    11-06-08 10:59 AM
    I guess that they must have put BrickBreaker in one of the other files. I was told that removing the files would not remove this game. I don't have a Bold so have no way to check. I am sorry about that.

The only thing that I can do is to remove the text that refers to Brickbreaker and to put in another button that uses your work around.

Thanks for letting me know and for finding a work around.
    Let me check on this again with app installer. My brickbreaker score is not too inspiring so don't care if I trash it. Back soon with more info.
    11-06-08 04:31 PM
    I'm having problems running CrackMem on Vista x64. These are the steps that I am taking:

(1) Connect BlackBerry Curve 8320 to PC
    (2) Open DM and make sure phone can connect
    (3) Close DM and open CrackMem
    (4) Confirm OS and check off modules to be removed
    (5) Execute Selections and hit OK on dialogue box that pops up
    (6) Click DM button on CrackMem program
    (7) Close CrackMem when DM opens

What's happening is that everytime I click on the DM button in CrackMem, my phone is not being detected by DM. If I close DM and open DM using my desktop shortcut, my phone is detected but the changes I made using CrackMem are not applied.

I have enabled compatibility mode and also run CrackMem as an admistrator.

Any ideas?
    11-06-08 05:25 PM
1,625 ... 1516171819 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD