Crackmemv2.5 will not dload for me.It does not act as a link,only as blue text.I found v2.4 but it will not allow me to check the run as administrator in windows vista. Please help.
    I just downloaded v2.5 from my original post and it downloaded fine. So far 605 people have downloaded the program. I do not think that the problem is with the site.

CrackMem does not allow of disallow running as administrator. This is a function of your PC that is causing this.

There are two ways of doing this. Please re-read my original post and see if this helps you.
    09-17-08 07:44 PM
    hello,

for me as german user crackmem don't work because
    I got a messeage:
    "no operation systems could be found"

The Problem is i think that i don't have the directory sturcter: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion
    my german windows has this folder:
    C:\Programme\Gemeinsame Dateien\Research In Motion

If i try to create the folder and copie the content from my german path to it:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion

the same error: "no operation systems could be found"

has any one a quick fix for me?
    09-25-08 07:49 AM
    hello,

for me as german user crackmem don't work because
    I got a messeage:
    "no operation systems could be found"

The Problem is i think that i don't have the directory sturcter: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion
    my german windows has this folder:
    C:\Programme\Gemeinsame Dateien\Research In Motion

If i try to create the folder and copie the content from my german path to it:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion

the same error: "no operation systems could be found"

has any one a quick fix for me?
    I am sorry that you are having trouble. There is no fix for your problem and I do not plan one. I have enough trouble keeping the program working for all the various English language versions of WIndows that if I tried to do the same thing for even Western European users, it would be a full time job.

The only fix that I can offer you is that you find an English version of Windows on a PC somewhere. It's the only way I am afraid.

If you do this, I will then give all the help I can.

I am really sorry to say the above but CrackMem is a free program written by some friends of mine and managed by me in my spare time.
    09-25-08 08:05 AM
    I am really sorry to say the above but CrackMem is a free program written by some friends of mine and managed by me in my spare time.
    Hello Pete6,

thx for this quick ansewer.
    the problem could be fix with a way to selete the shared app path for the bb firmeware or is ther much more to do?

And i try to find a englisch windows version to install it into a VMWare
    09-25-08 09:46 AM
    i had posted this on the other site, but hadn't got an any response so i figured i would post it here to see if anyone had an idea.

i have installed this app on my pc where i also have Bb desktop software etc, but i get an error saying that it can not find an OS.
    any suggestions?
    thanks
    09-25-08 12:11 PM
    Thought I would offer my experience. I worked around it but wanted to put it out there to see if anyone had any thoughts. I installed OS 4.5.0.81 on my PC and then installed Crackmem 2.5. After following the instructions (I have successfully used crackmem previously) I found that when I attempted to execute my selections the operations never seemed to take place. When browsing the filesystem the vendor.xml file was never removed (for example). I tried reviewing my order of operations a few times, some installs/uninstalls of both crackmem and the OS never lead me to a solution. I even elevated the privilege and ran it as an administrator (although I was one already). Just wanted to put this out there to see what others have experienced.
    09-26-08 08:57 AM
    Worked like a charm. Successfully upgraded to 4.5.0.77 (8330).

I'm a little confused by Step 18 in the Help File though, was I supposed to do this?

The BB is fully functional with .77; and I've got all my 3rd party apps working so I wasn't sure why I needed to go and run CrackMem again and "Put It Back" - did I misinterpret something?
    09-26-08 11:52 PM
    No, you don't need to put it back. See my questions starting at post #232 and Pete's responses. I prefer not to put it back, because I want what's installed on my PC to match what I'm running.
    09-27-08 12:23 AM
    JeffH is correct. I think that I shall remove step 18 in the next release as it does seem to cause some problems post install and some confucsion too.

Thanks for picking this up Jeff.
    09-27-08 01:39 PM
    I know I read it somewhere in this thread but can't find it now. How do you get the Options / About screen info on a 8130 when you removed the VAD module?
    09-28-08 05:32 PM
    I don;t think that you can. As I understand it, once VAD is gone, there is a quirk in the OS that disables Options, About.

You can see some of the missing information by pressing Alt-LeftShift-H

Hope this helps.
    09-29-08 12:18 AM
    I don;t think that you can. As I understand it, once VAD is gone, there is a quirk in the OS that disables Options, About.

You can see some of the missing information by pressing Alt-LeftShift-H
    I understand that Options, About will not be available with VAD removed. However I'm using a Pearl (8130) and I don't believe Alt-LeftShift-H is an option. I thought you held one of the keys down and there were four letters to type to get to the OS information.
    09-29-08 08:27 AM
    where is the link so I can download this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-08 01:18 AM
    where is the link so I can download this?

Welcome to CB!

If you look at the post #311 by Pete6 a couple or so above this one you will see a link in the orange 'line' at the bottom... it's the first one on the left!

Enjoy the program... and CB also... it's a really great site!
    10-01-08 02:28 AM
    You can also find the downloadable file at the end of the very first post in this thread which is where the link in my signature points.
    10-01-08 11:55 AM
    I just released CrackMem 2.6. There are a few minor changes the most important of which is that I have managed to find a few files to remove from the Bold (OS 4.6.0.xxx) Operating Systems.

-Fixed bug where Vendor.xml was not deleted if there was already a copy in RemovedFiles by deleting copy in RemovedFies.
    -Changes to Help text. Removed step 18 from step-by-step guide as it was confusing.
    -Removed files from 9000 series OSs
    In Carrier Themes

net_rim_theme_precision_silver_480x320_b.cod
    In Pre-Loaded Wallpaper
    rem net_rim_bb_medialoader_music_480x320_b.cod

rem net_rim_bb_medialoader_backgrounds_480x320_b.cod
    In Sample Video
    rem net_rim_bb_medialoader_480x320_b.cod
    10-01-08 12:07 PM
    I support your decision to remove step 18. I think that will prevent a lot of confusion in the future.

10-01-08 12:44 PM
    Thanks Pete... I will have to give this one a 'go' I think!

Just one small point... when you edited the first post in this thread to add details of this latest version, you show the release date as 10/10/2008, which should I presume be 1st October 2008 (whichever way round to want to show it!)

A bit silly I know, but you might just wish to change it!

P.S. Sorry to hear that you decided not to keep the Bold... but 'horses for courses' and all that!
    10-01-08 12:57 PM
    Thanks Pete... I will have to give this one a 'go' I think!

Just one small point... when you edited the first post in this thread to add details of this latest version, you show the release date as 10/10/2008, which should I presume be 1st October 2008 (whichever way round to want to show it!)

A bit silly I know, but you might just wish to change it!

P.S. Sorry to hear that you decided not to keep the Bold... but 'horses for courses' and all that!
    Duh, a senior moment there, I think. I'll change the date. Thnaks for pointing it out.

As to the Bold, I really did not like that phone. I loved the screen but the rest of it, I'm not talking about the software either. It was the way the thing was designed and it looks. I really was both happy and disapointed to get rid of it. I was told by the guy in the store that they had had other returns of the Bold that day too.
    10-01-08 01:06 PM
    I understand that Options, About will not be available with VAD removed. However I'm using a Pearl (8130) and I don't believe Alt-LeftShift-H is an option. I thought you held one of the keys down and there were four letters to type to get to the OS information.
    Alt-EACE is another option, if the Pearl has an Alt key. Sorry, I don't have a picture of the keyboard handy.
    10-01-08 01:06 PM
    Alt-EACE is another option, if the Pearl has an Alt key. Sorry, I don't have a picture of the keyboard handy.
    Bingo! That what I was looking for. Thank you so much.
    10-01-08 10:59 PM
    so, i my crackmem says that no OS's can be found... whadup?
    10-02-08 12:43 AM
    so, i my crackmem says that no OS's can be found... whadup?
    Have you installed the OS on your PC?
    What OS are you running?
    Do you have dual boot?
    Have you read the Help file within CrackMem?

I need a little more info please.
    10-02-08 05:44 AM
    Ok call me slow on the uptake but what is CrackMem?????? is this another something I have to have. Yes I am an addict for sure.
    10-02-08 05:57 AM
    Ok call me slow on the uptake but what is CrackMem?????? is this another something I have to have. Yes I am an addict for sure.
    Slow? More like lazy. Read the thread, then ask your questions if you have any. We'll be glad to help, but you've got to do your part too.
    10-02-08 09:08 AM
1,625 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD